Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
  1. Member
    I’m shocked to hear that it came back to the factory de-rigged. One would have thought that the factory would have wanted the ability to check, double check and triple check every single system on the boat and take it to the lake and actually “run” it. Why they would put all of that on the shoulders of the dealership seems like a poor decision. I hope the dealer can keep the boat for a week or two and actually get a chance to give it a few “shake down” runs and to go over it with a fine tooth comb. Hopefully the boat will check out and be good to go.

2. Member
    Field & Stream...
    Can you possibly schedule a testing session with your dealer before you take possession of the rig? And NOT just putting it on muffs at the shop...actual lake conditions.

3. Member
    Fieldstream13,
    I purchased a new 21 HP Pro in 2009 and not one single issue at all. It concerns me the all of the issues that you and others are mentioning with your new Tritons. I wish you luck in resolving your issues, you’ve certainly had the patience of Job. Can’t say that I would have been as understanding and patient as you AND most likely would have taken another approach. Anyway I look forward to reading your final outcome.
    Lonster

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldstream13 View Post
    Talked to my dealer today and it sounds like I will get an entire brand new top cap once new tank is in at the factory.
    Triton appears to be taking the stance that they will follow the warranty protocol as the book shows... Thank you to my dealer for continuing to do everything to help me keep things moving. Well see how long this takes and whether or not I can trust this thing again after it gets back.
    I know this is an awful situation, but at the very least it seems the dealership is doing whatever they can to help you. I know it's hard to imagine, but it could be worse if the dealer didn't take the right steps. Atleast the dealership seems to have your back.. They can only do so much, Triton is the ones that should shoulder the burden here in my opinion. I purchased from this dealership before and never had one issue with them not doing whatever they can to help me. Hopefully soon things will settle down and you can get back on the water. Best wishes..

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Chicken View Post
    On the up-side... a completely new top cap, for all intent, does make it a new boat. Everything you touch, see, feel, all that's new. Sure... the hull has a few trips to the lake. And ended up being towed in more times than it ran on it's own. And quite honestly..... had Triton stepped up and just replaced it *OR* taken up the OP on his offer to *BUY* a new boat, (and credit his original purchase) I think, in the long run... it would have cost them quite a bit less. Jus' sayin'...….

What I DON'T GET is why there wasn't at least an offer of an extended warranty on the motor. The idea of a motor that NEVER ran correctly, was diagnosed as TRITON's problem, IMO, *SHOULD* have ended up with a new motor. So yeah... at the very least, give the man a extended warranty on it. It's CERTAINLY not Mercurys' fault! (Yet they're going to have to still cover it, regardless.) SMH

Oh well, guess we'll find out once it FINALLY gets back into the OP's hands. Still doesn't make it suck any less.
    I agree with every word you said there. Op will have to chime in on this one but I think this motor came with an extended 7 year anyways. Again, I think.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I know this is an awful situation, but at the very least it seems the dealership is doing whatever they can to help you. I know it's hard to imagine, but it could be worse if the dealer didn't take the right steps. Atleast the dealership seems to have your back.. They can only do so much, Triton is the ones that should shoulder the burden here in my opinion. I purchased from this dealership before and never had one issue with them not doing whatever they can to help me. Hopefully soon things will settle down and you can get back on the water. Best wishes..
    100% agree. I just chatted with them the other day when I was dropping my boat for service. They hate this entire situation. I assured them that the original poster about this issue was very appreciative that they have done all they can. They are great guys there. Just a total crazy situation that one day will be water under the bridge. Hopefully soon. My buddy is ready for this to be over. And trust me, the dealer sure as heck is as well. Fingers crossed

7. Member
    When do you get your boat back? I certainly hope very soon because you’ve already missed a lot of fishing and spring time is upon us. This whole thing sucks so bad, but once you get the boat back, and hopefully in perfect running condition, you can forget about this nightmare and have fun setting the hook. You’ve gained the respect of a lot of people here, I wish I was capable of handling things like you do, it’s admirable to say the least.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    When do you get your boat back? I certainly hope very soon because you’ve already missed a lot of fishing and spring time is upon us. This whole thing sucks so bad, but once you get the boat back, and hopefully in perfect running condition, you can forget about this nightmare and have fun setting the hook. You’ve gained the respect of a lot of people here, I wish I was capable of handling things like you do, it’s admirable to say the least.
    It was supposed to be done at the factory Monday. I haven't heard back.... I'm hoping I get it back soon, but dealer has to put the engine back on once they get it.

Thanks for the support. As much as this has challenged my mental status, there have been other things in my life (such as my little kids and wife) that were more deserving of my extra energy when I come home from work each day. Sometimes life can seem unfair, but perspective is important and I try my best to remember that. I'm hopeful that you are right, and ill be back to fishing soon. I appreciate everyone's support and technical advice through all of this. Ill certainly give an update when I get it back and when its new maiden voyage is!
    2021 Ranger Aluminum VX1888DC
    2021 200 HP Mercury Pro XS Four Stroke
    Serial Number:

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobracrazed View Post
    I agree with every word you said there. Op will have to chime in on this one but I think this motor came with an extended 7 year anyways. Again, I think.
    Agreed.... but I'd be lying if I said I'd buy a Triton after this. And I was considering one. (Or at least a clean 2 year old one here in a year or so, which means it would be EXACTLY the year(s) that had this problem.) The dealership however... those guys sound like they've gone above and beyond. That's a pretty bold statement these days when you're talking about boat dealers. Many MANY more bad ones than good in my experience.
    I'd hope once this is all said and done, the name of the dealership is shared proudly.

I can say that this dealership has done more than I could get out of Ford dealerships some years ago. I had Ford work trucks, rollback tow trucks for 10 years, from 85 to 94 (before changing to GMC 6500's with CAT power). Made a lot of money driving Fords and would have probably died in one. All that changed with a 94 Super Duty. It was as bad, way worse... than this Triton. My problem then however was that after a certain point, the first dealer threw up their hands and said it was too much trouble, take it somewhere else. Took it to a second dealer, they tried for a couple months, SAME THING! They refused to work on it anymore. That left me finding some smaller dealership out in the country, that was over an hour away (no matter which one I chose). By that point I was losing dealership work because I couldn't keep up with 1 truck always in the shop and 2 more running wide open. It cost me weekly $$$$ as well as my sanity. Ended up taking almost a $40,000 bath on it, with it not a year old. I normally would keep a truck 2~3 years and not lose that much on it, putting 75,000 miles a year on them. Needless to say, haven't owned a Ford since.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

10. Member
    Any updates on this ordeal.

11. Member
    So my dealer called me today and it’s completely done. We are trying to arrange delivery tomorrow if the details work out. My dealer has been awesome all the way through. I have received many requests to share the dealer because of their great service, and I will once I have it back. I will be on vacation all next week so I won’t have it on the water for a couple weeks. But man it’s nice to hear it’s coming home soon. Stay tuned.
    Serial Number:

12. Member
    Sounds good, I hope she's all that you hoped for and more....

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldstream13 View Post
    So my dealer called me today and it’s completely done. We are trying to arrange delivery tomorrow if the details work out. My dealer has been awesome all the way through. I have received many requests to share the dealer because of their great service, and I will once I have it back. I will be on vacation all next week so I won’t have it on the water for a couple weeks. But man it’s nice to hear it’s coming home soon. Stay tuned.
    Congrats bud �� I'm sure it will be perfect!

14. Member
    ITS BACK! Here is my full and honest assessment:

Visually, the repairs and new top cap looks really good from what I can tell and it seems as if a very skilled technician cared for it while it was there. The rigging in the main compartment in the back is MUCH more professional and clean this time too. That was great to see. Previously, I would have had to take out the power switch to change the batteries because it was a little sloppy.

My dealer also generously added an additional fuel filter and filled the fuel tank back up. My sales manager made arrangements to personally deliver the boat to me today. That is two complete trips there and back that my dealer has picked up or delivered my boat to me since its frequent trips to the shop were wearing me out. Its 2.5 hours each way from my house and I am very grateful for their superior customer service. They even gave me a vessel view (bluetooth) engine monitor a few months back. I can't thank Freedom Outdoors (Wheelersburg, OH) enough for their superior customer service through all of this. They have went above and beyond for me all the way through.

I will provide an additional update in a few weeks when I can run it on the water, but I think I am already feeling more confident.

Clearly, I do not believe Triton handled the big picture very well.... BUT after I was able to get a hold of corporate, they committed to expedite the repair well in advance of the paper work duration and they came through, without being late by a single day. So thank you Triton.

Again, thanks for everyone's support and suggestions through all of this. And thanks again Freedom Outdoors.
    Serial Number:

15. Member
    I sure am glad you’ve got your boat back. Hopefully in time for some superb spring fishing! Everything sounds positive, you have a way of making things that way, so that’s not surprising. Here’s hoping that boat performs beyond your expectations, and provides you years of trouble free miles of smiles!!

16. Member
    Scott, and his whole gang at Freedom Outdoors are good folks. I had the pleasure of working with them years ago.

17. Member
    Great to hear, I just purchased a Triton 19 TRX Patriot Edition and will be picking it up next week they seem like really good folks at Freedom Outdoors

18. Member
    Very glad to hear you got it back and I hope it's perfect, like a new boat should be, for you for a long time. I bought a new Champion from Scott and Freedom in 2009 and was very happy with them.
    Last edited by Bassin Bob71; 02-28-2020 at 07:03 PM.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

19. BBC SPONSOR
    This is awesome news. I'm very glad to hear this. They have always treated me very well in the past, and that is just one of the reasons my next boat is going to come from them. Mine should be ready in the the next week or two.

Glad you got it back and are visually pleased with the repairs. Hopefully all is good and the motor runs good when you get it back on the water.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast