Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Get a 2 gallon can of gas and put your gas hose in it and go run the boat. That will tell you if it's the tank or not but it definitely sounds like a vent problem.

2. Member
    At this point, I'd hire a lawyer to send a nasty letter demanding a buyback. The boat is dangerous and you've spent the better part of a year screwing around with it. I wouldn't let your lawyer do too much more than a nasty letter, and don't get too crazy with what you expect, but they should buy it back from you for damn near full value so you can invest your money in a boat you can actually fish on.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Lobo View Post
    At this point, I'd hire a lawyer to send a nasty letter demanding a buyback. The boat is dangerous and you've spent the better part of a year screwing around with it. I wouldn't let your lawyer do too much more than a nasty letter, and don't get too crazy with what you expect, but they should buy it back from you for damn near full value so you can invest your money in a boat you can actually fish on.
    A buy back is exactly that. They delivered a defective product, and accordance with lemon laws the purchaser is entitled to full compensation or replacement. I went through this with Ford and Nissan. Lemon laws differ from state to state, but if the OP's description of attempted repairs are true, then it should meet requirements just about anywhere.

4. Member
    Here is the latest. My dealer got triton engineers on the phone and the are very confident that it is a lift pump. But the computer never showed an error when hooked up... Idk if that makes sense or not. They asked for another chance and the dealer drove 2.5 hours to my house to pick up the boat and take it back to shop. I know my dealer is trying , and I'm appreciative of that. If this doesn't fix it, I will definitely be seeking a different resolution moving forward. I like the boat and am praying for success this time. Stay tuned. I still don't understand the intermittent nature of how and when it fails though.
    2021 Ranger Aluminum VX1888DC
    2021 200 HP Mercury Pro XS Four Stroke
    Serial Number:

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldstream13 View Post
    Here is the latest. My dealer got triton engineers on the phone and the are very confident that it is a lift pump. But the computer never showed an error when hooked up... Idk if that makes sense or not. They asked for another chance and the dealer drove 2.5 hours to my house to pick up the boat and take it back to shop. I know my dealer is trying , and I'm appreciative of that. If this doesn't fix it, I will definitely be seeking a different resolution moving forward. I like the boat and am praying for success this time. Stay tuned. I still don't understand the intermittent nature of how and when it fails though.
    Ive thought it was the lift pump all along.

6. TritonBoats2017
    give your dealer a chance to correct the problems and then take it from there.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    Ive thought it was the lift pump all along.
    I specifically asked about it a long while back with the mechanic and was told all fuel pumps checked out good. I agree, it has been my suspicion as well. Got my fingers crossed.
    Serial Number:

8. Member
    I was thinking of trading my Triton Aluminum in on a 2019 or 2020 189trx but this thread has scared the bejesus out of me...

9. Member
    I truly hope this works out for you and the lift pump solves the issue. You bought a great boat and deserve it to perform well. Fingers crossed for you.....keep us posted
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RHuff View Post
    I was thinking of trading my Triton Aluminum in on a 2019 or 2020 189trx but this thread has scared the bejesus out of me...
    I can understand that, after reading all of this. And there’s no question the OP has had terrible luck. Pick anything you want amd Google it, All manufactures have a nightmare or two, overall I think most people are pretty happy with their Triton boats. I bought mine because I have a friend who has one, his is three years old, mine is only a few months old, both of us could not be happier with the way it fishes or runs. It’s the exception not the rule to have this much bad luck. You can spend a lot more money, and buy a boat that is probably built a little better, maybe even better customer service, but you’re going to pay upfront for it. For me, I want a boat that has high enough quality to meet my needs, I’m not a tournament fisherman or anything, my boat will last me my entire life. I’ve owned other boats including a Ranger and this is my second Triton. For bass fishing this is the best boat I’ve ever owned. Fit and finish is nice, fishes great, Storage is wonderful and runs like a champ. Don’t write off a Triton, although I truly do think under the circumstances Triton should have bought his boat back.

11. Member
    Double post edited

12. Member
    UPDATE: My dealer has the boat again and was in the process of replacing the lift pump. They indicated that it tested out fine and began to do more inspection. Upon inspecting the VST, they found sand!!! One theory is that the coating required by the EPA for fuel tanks has sand in it and the coating may not have cured correctly and caused sand to fall into the tank. Now the dealer has to rip my motor off of my boat and do multiple flushes to rid motor of sand deposits. (And I guess I'm supposed to assume there was no damage). Also, after the motor is taken off, boat is being shipped to triton for a complete fuel tank replacement which likely means my top cap is coming off.
    As a reminder, this boat fell on its face the very first takeoff on day one on the water, so regardless of where the sand came from, it was 100 percent not during my ownership or possession.

I'm sick to my stomach. My new motor is off my boat and getting wrenched on and my hull is getting torn apartment. Who knows when I would get it back and IF that even fixes this. For the record, my dealer has been trying tirelessly trying to take care of me, and I'm appreciative of that.

Triton- I would imagine that you have been reading this thread. I have called and left several messages and texts with one of your corp guys. Its time to do what is right and put me in a new boat as I have paid for. No one should spend this kind of money and go through this.
    Last edited by fieldstream13; 01-08-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    Serial Number:

13. Member
    Sand? In the fuel tank rotomolding process to meet EPA permeation guidelines??? What next...
    Triton doesn’t even have a service repair facility, at best the boat will to go to Ranger and get in a LONG line of repair boats if it doesn’t end up there maybe Nitro would bring it in or a contracted shop. Push for a new one.

14. Member
    I am. This is beyond any point of reason now. I don't want a boat and motor that has been wrenched on and torn apart multiple times at this point. And this isnt the only issue I have had with this boat! I have not used this boat 1 time since I bought it in july without the failure occuring......

Triton, please step up and give me a new one.
    Serial Number:

15. Member
    I am. This is beyond any point of reason now. I don't want a boat and motor that has been wrenched on and torn apart multiple times at this point. And this isnt the only issue I have had with this boat! I have not used this boat 1 time since I bought it in july without the failure occuring......

I agree with you. All manufacturers have lemons. It how they deal with them that counts. Hope they do the right thing for you.
    Brad Krone

16. Member

I totally agree with you 100%. I would not think they could expect you to accept a motor that’s been torn down yet alone had sand ran through it. And on top of that, after all you’ve been through, expect you to wait and accept a repaired boat and motor? I own a new triton, so this is very disturbing for me to see. If I were you, I would probably have an attorney contact their corporate headquarters and demand a new boat and motor. This is beyond reasonable at this point in my opinion. You have been more than patient and decent throughout this whole thing, giving them every chance to repair it. But to expect you to take possession a new motor that from the get go had sand ran through it is completely ridiculous and any court of law would agree with you. I will definitely be watching this thread, if they don’t do the right thing, my next boat will definitely not be a triton based on this experience. If they do step up and do the right thing, then I’m a happy consumer. At this point even getting a new boat, you should get some additional incentives for everything you’ve been through, at least that’s my take. Sorry to see you going through this, really sucks.

17. Member
    Well said, my opinion of triton is largely going to depend on how this is handled. I understand that all Brands have lemons or occasional poor craftsmanship. But when it happens for this long, this many times, they need to eat the mistake, not me.

I'm not a mechanic. Is VST before or after filter?
    Serial Number:

WOW !! I’ve had several Tritons and still a big fan but man....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    WOW !! I’ve had several Tritons and still a big fan but man....
    no doubt. I’m friends with him. I will give the dealer credit for doing everything in their power to do what they can, and thank god because I AM THE ONE who told him about this dealer because I had gotten a pretty good deal on a Triton boat months earlier (189trx).

I have been in this boat when it screws up. It’s so frustrating I could not imagine being in his shoes. He and I were talking the other day and he’s had a total of 7 other anglers on that boat on different days when it’s screwed up on the water. You think they are ever gonna but a Triton now? I can tell you this. If they don’t come back with a different boat option for him I will NEVER own another Triton boat.. everyone has stated the obvious. That every brand has lemons. This thing is CURSED and has created lots of stress on a friend in which I recommended to buy a Triton boat. It’s ALL IN HOW THEY WILL HANDLE THIS SITUATION whether I ever buy another. Can you guys imagine losing a tournament that you potentially had the winning bag of fish in and your brand new boat left your ass stranded for the umpteenth time after coming back from the dealer for the umpteenth time? Also can you imagine having a boat payment on a boat that all you get done is trailer back and forth to the dealer nonstop nearly two hours away? It’s been a nightmare for this guy. TRITON, step up because there are lots of eyes watching this situation! I PERSONALLY told this person your boats were awesome, you produced a lemon, now turn lemons to wine and get the man a different boat. He’s lost enough as it is. Be the hero here. To stick him with a boat that has this many things wrong with it is ABSOLUTELY terrible on your part, and if you do, shame on you. The guy just wants to go fish. To think he sold an older stratos that ran perfect for this cursed boat is just another kick in the nads.

20. Banned
    You pay a lot of money to not have these issues when you buy a new boat. I hope they step up, this is crazy.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast