Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Zenni optical. I pay $80 every couple of years for prescription sunglasses.

Nothing fancy, but they work.

2. Member
    I use my vision benefit to buy the sunglasses first and then pay out of pocket for a standard clear lens. I still have to pay some for the sunglasses but I get top quality lenses(ok not Coosta quality) and frames for under 200 that way and you can get normal glasses for 75.00 or less for two pair.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by littleluk View Post
    I use my vision benefit to buy the sunglasses first and then pay out of pocket for a standard clear lens. I still have to pay some for the sunglasses but I get top quality lenses(ok not Coosta quality) and frames for under 200 that way and you can get normal glasses for 75.00 or less for two pair.
    I have wat i call pretty good vision insurance. Since i buy 2 pair of safety glasses with removeable side sheilds that doubles as everyday glasses i get transitions, progressive and hard coat on varillux lenses. Still 6 months is about tops on each pair. And yes i take all the precaution i can when cleaning. Ive never found safety glasses for 75.00. I used to buy the cheapys and i sure didn't have luck with those
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Jig View Post
    That's interesting. Not certain why they would do that. Must be a reason though.

electrical arc can fuse the contact lens to your eye and it is done if that happens
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    electrical arc can fuse the contact lens to your eye and it is done if that happens
    Yea, that is something I didn’t know 20 years ago. I was at my friends shop and was going to use his welder, when one of the guys stopped me. He said, don’t you wear contacts? Then told me what could happen. I went in the office and had coffee while he did the welding.

I put up with contacts only while I'm fishing so I can wear decent glasses. Astigmatism and dry eyes make it less than ideal though, so might look into the online shops for a cheap pair of sunglasses. My Rx has been changing yearly too, so feel your pain.
    Scott
    Stratos 285XL

7. Member
    I do appreciate all the suggestions. I guess untill my vision stabilizes any high end glasses is out the door. Guess i will look into some of the cheaper suggestions that have been made. I new i could never wear contacts. I been machining and welding the better part of 35 yrs. Though only wearing glasses about 10 years. Just the nature of the game! Oh well thanks again.

By the way i do have transitions and the only time theres a issue is when im fishing and need to my line
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

8. Member
    I am in kind of a similar situation. When I was at the doctor last week for my yearly exam and to order new glasses, I ordered glasses that tint and polarize when I'm outside. Why can't you just try this option? It's an easy solution and was only an extra $105.

9. Member
    I get WileyX polarized bifocals for about $200 at RX-Safety.com
    BCB Puma STS
    Merc 250

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12