VST filter replaced no fuel to Medium pressure filter HELP!

My first time doing this. Just replaced the VST filter on my '06 VZ225 motor. Re-installed VST unit. Pumped fuel bulb until hard. Turned over motor it started ran until the fuel in the incoming line from medium pressure filter was gone. repumped bulb until hard and couldn't get motor to restart. Took VST filter assembly off, no fuel in line going to medium pressure filter. Tested pump with lead wires to a battery. Pump runs. Reassembled and ready to retest but wanted to pose a couple of questions here.
    When does the voltage to the pump come on, before the motor starts when the ignition is turned on, or when the motor is turning over? Am I suppose to bleed the air out of through the schrader valve, while the motor is turning over?
    Some steps on proper start up after this filter change out is needed!
    As always, guys thanks for your help in advance!

2. Member
    The medium pressure electric pump will run when the key is first turned to ignition. You should be able to hear it. It will shut on its own after 5-10 seconds. I've never had to use the Schrader valve to bleed mine when changing filters. I just turn the key on and off a few times and try to start it. It may take a few times to start before fuel gets through the system.

turn the key on let the pump run then repeat about 4 times do not start until the fourth time then you should be good to go

4. Member
    I'm going to try that guys! Thanks!