rod locker rack tr196 2005 anybody use them,also storage boxes

i just bought a 2005 triton tr196 boat and it has the factory rod rack in it,does anybody use them or pull them out like i just did,also do they make a good waterproof boxes for the storage compartments,seems like its going to be a real nice boat when i get it all set up the way i like thanks guys any input

2. Member
    I've had my new to me '05 since August. I didn't pull them out (yet), I just use the starboard compartment for rods. Plano 3700's sizes fit the slots for the most part. I'm not sure about waterproof boxes. With all the storage trays that came with it, places to put things isn't an issue for sure.
    2005 Triton TR-196
    1990 ProCraft ProCaster 180

3. Member
    My compartments stay dry except for the forward center one. I plug the forward pedestal hole but some water gets inside if the rain is heavy.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    I have an 04 196 and pulled the rod racks out.. Best thing I ever did. I also use rod sleeves (that I made myself) and now it's SOOO much easier to get rods in and out. No more pulling 8 out to get to the bottom one. My storage compartments stay dry - so I just use plano boxes and have yet to have a problem....unless it's raining.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT