Talon Shuts Down

New boat, new Talon. When I turn the power on via the battery switch the Talon lights come on momentarily, the lights go off, the Talon beeps and that’s all she’s got. All other accessories wired to the switch are fine and the power is a consistent 12.7 volts.Talon fuse is also good and doesn’t need to be reset.

I’m at a loss. Dealer is calling Ranger and Minnkota early next week. Until then any ideas?

2. Member
    Loose connection on the Talon or Bad board. ASC should be able to figure it out. It would be best, unless the dealer is an ASC to bring to an ASC.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Loose connection on the Talon or Bad board. ASC should be able to figure it out. It would be best, unless the dealer is an ASC to bring to an ASC.
    Thanks. What’s an ASC?

Authorized Service Center for Minn Kota Motors. Would suggest you call Minn Kota tech support. They are very helpful.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikldac View Post
    Authorized Service Center for Minn Kota Motors. Would suggest you call Minn Kota tech support. They are very helpful.
    Thanks. The dealer I bought the boat, Talon, etc. from is a Minn Kota ASD so we'll see what they come up with. Good thing it's December and there's plenty of time before I'll be using it.

6. Member
    Well, yesterday I turned the boat’s power on and then started pushing buttons on the Talon. About the fourth time through pressing all buttons randomly the mode LED lit up. Then the lights worked. I went through all functions and everything is working fine. I have no idea what the issue was but it seems to be in the past.