Tatula SV bearings

Anyone know which Boca ABEC7 bearings to order for replacement/upgrade for the Tatula SV?

2. Member
    3x10x4
    3x8x4

dont waste your money on the bocas. Get some ZPI or hedgehogs from the tackletrap.

3. Member
    Bocas are overpriced hot garbage imo. If you feel you NEED to replace them, go with ZPI or HH. Honestly, I would put the stock ones in a babyfood jar with acetone and run them in an ultrasonic to get all the crud out of them. Then give a drop of ZPI long cast oil...you'll be pleasantly surprised

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    3x10x4
    3x8x4

dont waste your money on the bocas. Get some ZPI or hedgehogs from the tackletrap.
    +1 I put these in all my SV's.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Honestly, I would put the stock ones in a babyfood jar with acetone and run them in an ultrasonic to get all the crud out of them. Then give a drop of ZPI long cast oil...you'll be pleasantly surprised
    Done the ultrasonic cleaning with the bearings from my Tat SV's. Didn't make much difference at all. I'm also thinking of replacing them. My stock Shimano Curado E bearings after a cleaning in the ultrasonic spin forever.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

SLX is an extremely solid platform, and have yet to see any issues in any SLX model. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    3x10x4
    3x8x4

are the two spool bearings different sizes?
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelex View Post
    SLX is an extremely solid platform, and have yet to see any issues in any SLX model. Dan
    Wrong thread?

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    are the two spool bearings different sizes?
    Yes. I haven't had any issues with my stock Tatula SV TW spool bearings, but I agree with the above, Hedgehog Studio or ZPI spool bearings are among the best out there. Even the less expensive Hedgehog Studio ZR Spool Bearings are very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Yes. I haven't had any issues with my stock Tatula SV TW spool bearings, but I agree with the above, Hedgehog Studio or ZPI spool bearings are among the best out there. Even the less expensive Hedgehog Studio ZR Spool Bearings are very nice.
    thanks!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

11. Member
    Finally got around to breaking the reel down. It seems the spool bearings are shielded and that the shield is not removable? Maybe I am missing something. Gave them a good bath in acetone and a rinse in alcohol, then a shot of new oil. Didn't seem to change anything.