Thread: Best Batteries?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I just put the Duracell Group 31 (lead acid batteries) in mine. $99 each. If you want to spend more get the AGM Group 31's, $180 each.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

2. Member
    I love the Vmax batteries in mine
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ComancheC View Post
    Alright guys, I have a 1990 Ranger 481 Comanche. I have a 24 volt 70lb Motorguide trolling motor. Both of my trolling motor batteries are bad. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
    Just go to your local Walmart and pick up two of these and your good to go https://www.walmart.com/ip/Everstart...29DC/131118029
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    For availability, performance specifications, and price, I believe these are about as good as it gets.
    THIS! Ive been very happy with the AGM duracells however im making the jump to lithium and the Power pole Charge this spring

5. Member
    When they are on sale, my opinion is the same as others, the Duracell 31 AGM batteries from Sam's Club is the best value for money out there for AGM batteries. Are they the best AGM battery available by specifications alone? Nope.

But when weighing cost vs their specifications, it is simply the best deal, if cost is factored in to your decision process. If you are concerned with only getting the best battery and cost is not relevant, there are better choices as already mentioned in this thread.

6. Member
    Good info..

7. Member
    Are you guys running the Duracell 31 AGM for the trolling motor batteries and cranking battery?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooker11 View Post
    Are you guys running the Duracell 31 AGM for the trolling motor batteries and cranking battery?
    Lots of guys do...they'll have 3 for their trolling motor and a 4th for the cranking battery. AGMs work well for both applications.

Keep in mind that there's some debate about whether some older motors with stators should be used with AGM batteries, particularly Mercurys. The board's resident Mercury expert says no way and I've heard quite a few anecdotes about stators burning up when used with AGMs, but also have heard some pretty compelling thoughts on why it shouldn't matter along with quite a few anecdotes about guys running them without issue. Maybe not even relevant here, but I think worth mentioning while on the topic.

Somewhat related: I'm thinking about going to the AGMs for my trolling motor next year as my current wet cells are probably going to be on their way out. Anybody remember when Sam's usually puts them on sale?
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooker11 View Post
    im running for both cranking and trolling yes

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Lots of guys do...they'll have 3 for their trolling motor and a 4th for the cranking battery. AGMs work well for both applications.

Keep in mind that there's some debate about whether some older motors with stators should be used with AGM batteries, particularly Mercurys. The board's resident Mercury expert says no way and I've heard quite a few anecdotes about stators burning up when used with AGMs, but also have heard some pretty compelling thoughts on why it shouldn't matter along with quite a few anecdotes about guys running them without issue. Maybe not even relevant here, but I think worth mentioning while on the topic.

Somewhat related: I'm thinking about going to the AGMs for my trolling motor next year as my current wet cells are probably going to be on their way out. Anybody remember when Sam's usually puts them on sale?
    see post 25 on sale now!

11. Member
    Thanks guys
    2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP
    2016 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    see post 25 on sale now!
    Should've been more specific...I'd prefer to wait til spring as all the lakes around here have people walking on them and will continue to do so until March at the earliest. I'm pretty sure they also do a sale in the spring...maybe they don't.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post

They're on sale now until Christmas Eve. I bought one Monday and saved $20.00 of the regular price at Sams Club. I paid $159.74 for the 31 series Duracell AGM battery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12