Fortrex 101 Safe Removal Queston

Can someone post the correct procedure for removing a Fortrex from the boat safely? Found an old post from Jones Trolling motor that indicated the motor needs to be in the fully deployed position, which that alone will be a challenge with my trailer, but assume the second step is to remove the screws that secure the spring loaded shock? May seem obvious, but all that tension makes me nervous so wanted to check before proceeding.

2. Member
    You can remove the two Phillips head screws on the small end of the piston and allow it to stretch out,that will remove the tension. If the TM is locked in either the stowed or deployed position,it will be safe to remove but you may not have access to the mounting bolts like that. I would remove the Phillips screws. It is also easier if you remove the TM from the bracket first,you just have to take out the one allen head bolt on the bow guard.

3. Member
    I had mine about midway deployed and put a wheel chalk under it to prop it up. Took out bolts and put it in the stowed position, wrapped the strap around it and took it off. No issues.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

4. Member
    Thanks guys!

5. Member
    If you can't fully deploy, then fully stow. Remove Allen bolt from bowguard and slide back while lifting up. In the stowed position, the pressure is released. It doesn't start obtaining pressure until the yoke meets the base when deploying.
    John