Thread: No oil light

No oil light

My friend has a 175 Evinrude model #E175FPLSOD SN050B4363. This past weekend he headed out and when getting on plane it shut down, solid horn sound and no oil light. He checked the oil tank and it was full. Started back up, idled ok got on plane and after a short run did the same thing. Where should we start looking?

there could be an electrical problem with the oil injector or an oil pressure issue. You need a scan of the EMM to find out which code(s) may be in memory to show where to start with troubleshooting.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

3. Member
    ok thanks

4. Member
    My friend finally got into the shop diagnosis was bad oil pump. 600 dollars later he hopes it's good to go. Will check this weekend.

5. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    What oil is he running??

6. Banned
    I get that all the time in cold weather. Probably anything below 30. I just shut motor off and restart. Zero issues when above freezing.

For the OP...XD100 flows better than other oils in cold weather, plus it is the best oil you can run in an Evinrude direct injection motor. Sometimes I get a no oil light after I fill my tank. The 2-3 times this has happened I pump my oil bulb several times, then re-fire the motor and all is well.

For Rude sometime in January I will be contacting you to see if we can make a trip together. I assume your not digging ditches in the winter ...and stop texting me pictures of smallmouth. It's giving me a fever

8. Member
    They replaced the oil pump ,said it was only putting out 40 psi.after new pump it's 70 psi. We ran it yesterday and every thing worked great. 5600 rpm and no light or alarm.Oh and he runs penzoil premium plus.