Upgrade my console electronics, which to choose

I currently have a Hook2 7" on my console and want to upgrade.
    Id like to catch one of the sales going on now but cant decide which direction to go.
    Academy has the Hook2 12" for 699 which gives me a bigger screen and all I would have to do is switch graphs since I have the tripleshot transducer. But it still leaves me with the Hook2 and I wanted to upgrade from that.
    Second choice would be the Elite ti 9" for 599.97 Ive read nothing but good things about it but not sure how much better than the Hook2 series it is.
    Third choice would be the Echomap 93sv 9" for 599.97 I recently got one for the bow for livescope but have only had the chance to use it twice but like it so far.

I didnt see another in this price range that I liked but open to other ideas. Im trying to keep it in that price range since I will have to buy mount for my dash.
    The hook2 7" is currently flush mounted and I want to mount it on the gimble bracket so I can remove it, so thats going to put me in the $1000 dollar range and thats my budget.

Im not brand loyal and I know this is the garmin section which is kind of where Im leaning but would like some input from others.
    Any help, thoughts or other ideas would be appreciated.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Well, here is how i see it; you want to get away from the Hook2, but thinking about getting the 12 and your still on the "hook".....the Ti is better than the Hook but the first generation. At this point, you still dont have any type of networking. You already have a 93, if you get a second one you will be able to network the two along with Livescope BUT would still need to buy the GMS10 and associated cables to network. To help with cost you could sell the Hook.......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    699 for the 12" Hook2? Ooooo, might have to jump on that!

Just ordered it. Thanks for the heads up, cause i like my hook2 7"
    Last edited by Chief Brody; 11-30-2019 at 05:49 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Well, here is how i see it; you want to get away from the Hook2, but thinking about getting the 12 and your still on the "hook".....the Ti is better than the Hook but the first generation. At this point, you still dont have any type of networking. You already have a 93, if you get a second one you will be able to network the two along with Livescope BUT would still need to buy the GMS10 and associated cables to network. To help with cost you could sell the Hook.......
    I went to Bass Pro and played with the Ti and the 93sv, I went ahead and bought the 93sv.
    I dont know how to go about transferring all my waypoints from the Lowrance to the Garmin so Im thinking of mounting both on the console.
    Im sure this can be done, not sure how it will look but would be nice to have my waypoints and my upgraded navionics maps that I have in the hook.
    I have my hook from the bow that I can sell to pay for the mounts, will just have to get the GMS10 and cables later as money allows.
    Thoughts or opinions on this setup would be appreciated.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    To transfer wp's, you need to export them from the Lowrance into GPX form. Then import to Garmin. Now you will lose some of the symbols.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Well Ive decided to mount both on the console so I can keep my waypoints and maps and have an extra depthfinder there.
    My problem now though is where to put the garmin transducer. See pic below.

transducer location 2.jpg

The lowrance transducer is to the right of the drain and up some. It was lower but I had interference with water pickup and the dealer moved it to that spot. I thought they were full of it but I havent had the issue since they moved it.
    Now I dont know where to put the garmin transducer. I marked 3 yellow boxes for possible locations for it but since Ive never put one on a Ranger Im not sure, any help would be appreciated.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

7. Member
    Would this be a good place to mount the GT52 transducer? The pic isnt mine and its not a garmin transducer but Im talking about the location and would I get good readings with it mounted this way?

LSS-1_Ranger_1_op_800x600.jpg
    2002 BassCat Cougar

Quote Originally Posted by txdyna65 View Post
    Would this be a good place to mount the GT52 transducer? The pic isnt mine and its not a garmin transducer but Im talking about the location and would I get good readings with it mounted this way?

LSS-1_Ranger_1_op_800x600.jpg
    As long as there aren't any obstructions laterally left and right to the transducer, it should read fine at idle/fast idle speeds, but of course you will not get any 2D readings at planing speeds because the xducer will be out of the water. For some that is important, for others it isn't.
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Thanks Todd, I went ahead and ordered a stearnmate and Im going to give this a try.
    Im trying to find a Y splitter so I can use a 2d transducer I have mouted inside as a shoot through and also be able to use the other mounted on the transom. This is for the lowrance mounted on the dash, but Ive been unable to locate such a Y so far.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

Quote Originally Posted by txdyna65 View Post
    Thanks Todd, I went ahead and ordered a stearnmate and Im going to give this a try.
    Im trying to find a Y splitter so I can use a 2d transducer I have mouted inside as a shoot through and also be able to use the other mounted on the transom. This is for the lowrance mounted on the dash, but Ive been unable to locate such a Y so far.
    The y-cable to add either the GT8 or GT15 inhull is only compatible with the GT30.
    Garmin Pro Team