Graph size/resolution/placement question

This is kind of an opinion question but there are some technical aspects that are hindering me making my own decision. Right now I run a 7 and 9 Gen2 touch units. 7 at bow and 9 at console on a custom made dash mount since nobody makes one for my boat. Assuming all units are and would be Gen2 Touch units, my dilemma is would I be better off with

A) Move the 9 to the bow in place of the 7 and put a 12 at the console

B) Swap the 7 and 9 so the 7 at console does mapping only and add a 12 to the side of console on ram mount

C) Move my 9 to the bow, and get two more 9’s to rub side by side on my console dash mount

As far as technical aspects holding me back from just deciding, I keep reading how much better the 12 resolution is than the 9’s. Having said that, this move is to make my side imaging better with either screen size or resolution. Is the extra resolution on the 12 running side scan going to be better than having two 9’s side by side running 9” to left on one and 9” to right on the other? The only concern I have with mounting the two 9’s side by side is that it will block both my gauges that show fuel level, etc. Pretty sure the 12 would cover most of the two but not completely. That aside, which would suit better for side imaging detail? Two 9’s or one 12?

Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Any Lowrance wizards who either have 9’s with one looking each way or know if that’s be better than just a 12” run across the full screen width?

3. Member
    ?

4. Member
    I'm setting up to have my 9 on the console and adding a 12 next to it. 9 for mapping and the 12 for everything else. 7 on the bow will remain but I don't fish from the bow very much.

5. Member
    I have a touch9 at the console and another on a ram mount next to the console. I use the console unit full screen for side scan and the other one for mapping and Downscan or 2d. I have also used the console unit set up with left and right views one above the other. This allows better detail since I’m not trying to put 100’ or more on the 9” screen.
    These are just a couple suggestions. A lot of it comes down to personal preference.

6. Member
    Colby,

What more and more anglers are realising today is the need for 'Situational Awareness' WHILE fishing and WITHOUT fiddling with their electronics.

If you are trolling and sitting at the console then that is where you need your best and most electronics.

If you are fishing off the bow while moving around on the trolling motor, then THAT is where you need best and most electronics.

The number one Situational Awareness tools for the bow angler today are the following:
    - 2D sonar giving you depth and water temp
    - HD Precision Contour Charts so you know the structure of what you are fishing
    - HD Sidescan Mosaic Charts so you know what cover is on that structure
    - HD 360 sonar giving you a live radar like view of what is around you
    - HD LiveScope to see fish behaviour to your presence and presentation

This is my setup -

7. Member
    That’s a fantastic setup. Unfortunately that’s well beyond my current budget. Considering my budget has been met and busted twice this year already my options are going to be limited to Gen2 Touch models no matter what I choose. I’m down to basically one 12” on my console mount or two 9’s side by side on this mount that’s similar to the BBT or Precision style mounts. Just needing help deciding if the 9” left on one and 9” right on the other will over compensate the better resolution from the single 12” unit. The 9’s have a resolution of 480 and the 12” is 800 in the Gen2 touch units I am comparing. Thanks for the responses, please keep them coming. I’ve not spent more than a few minutes with a 12” unit of any generation to know the difference that resolution makes.