Thread: Recirc issues?

Recirc issues?

Fishing a tourny today, waters cold so i turn my recirc pumps on auto. The starboard side came on and wouldnt go off. The port side never came on. Could turn them on manual and both worked fine. Any clue what might be going on in there before i start tearing crap apart. Have been having some fish care issues and imagine the recirc pumps are tye root of the problem
    They aint got hands, set the hook

2. Member
    If they recirc isn’t running I would put the aerators on manual to keep fresh water coming in. I know that’s not the question.

3. Member
    Did you give it a few minutes? Sometimes the timer wont kick in right away

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Did you give it a few minutes? Sometimes the timer wont kick in right away
    Yes. I had a fish that started struggling on the port side is what caused me to notice. It never kicked on at all. The starboard side never kicked off. Im just wondering if its something in the recirc switches (not likely that both would foul up at the same time) or if maybe it was something in the timer (not sure if both pumps are controlled by one timer). I just kicked my recirc pumps to manual every little bit and the fish were fine but thats not something i wanna do anymore

5. Member
    They all have separate timers. First thing to check is power to the switch and out of the switch. Then power to the pump or check that first. Could be a bad pump on that one side. Sounds like timer issues to me but hard to tell without being able to look at it

6. Member
    Not a bad pump. If i switch the recirc to manual it works fine. I was thinking it almost has to be a timer issue on both of them but wasnt sure if anybody had ran into anything like it. Both aerator pumps work fine on auto and manual. Its just the recircs

I had an issue where the pump would work on auto but not on manual. Then it fixed itself like a week later. My guess is an issue with the switch.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Timers have been known to go bad. Tim sent me two new ones last year for mine.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    check for loose connections then try swapping 2 of the timers and see if the issue moves to the other side
    2016-01-30 11.02.26.jpg
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    Timer spades could possibly be corroded or loose connection to timers and/or ground. I agree not likely to have em both fail at same time, but electrical equip is something else. Id check connections and try to pull them loose and clean em up and maybe put some grease to them. Hook em up and try that...If that doesn't fix it Id look at replacing timers...Good luck.

11. Member
    Took the timers off and plugged them back into the same side and the problems were still there. Swapped the timers and both sides worked exactly as they should. Thats a tough one to figure out. Ill leave them to see if it completely fixes the problems, if not ill get new timers