95 bullet with 3 lit and poles

Gents, i recently became a bullet owner after a couple years of searching. Yes i would have rather had alli bullet but i could not afford it at the time. I have bought a 95 20xrd that had a 12 inch magnum hydronamic plate on it. It has a 250 mercury pro xs with dual power pole blades. With this being a 95 i have researched that it has the 2 braces transom. It has no cracks and is not loose by me jumping on it. Do you guys think it is to much weight and i could rip the transom out? Talk to me, let me know. It does have the big sandwich brackets that i will be replacing with the hydrilla gear brackets if you guys think it is safe. Let me know some of your opinions please. Id really like to keep them on there if at all possible, i had a ultrex on my last boat and i did not use the spot lock as much as i will the poles.

2. Member
    I'm no expert but I would think you were okay but never had poles but my sst has spot lick I think I am going to enjoy that. I know all bullets over 20' are unrated horsepower. I'm sure someone with way more knowledge than me will chime in shortly

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdurnal View Post
    I'm no expert but I would think you were okay but never had poles but my sst has spot lick I think I am going to enjoy that. I know all bullets over 20' are unrated horsepower. I'm sure someone with way more knowledge than me will chime in shortly
    Thanks for the reply man. Spot lock is nice in the deeper stuff.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    If you've for sure got the magnum plate you should be fine.
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

5. Member
    The 95 21xdc I had got a busted transom from the etec I had on it.

6. Member
    They didn't start using the double strongback transom until 1998.

7. Member
    I have seen them with the big looper OMCs and 3 liter Mercs last a long time. They would definitely have no problem handling the horsepower with the single strongback as long as you don't get too crazy with setback.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    1996 model year started the 3rd brace.
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

9. Member
    well considering i dont fish a lot in rough water and maybe 10-12 times a year total if history repeats its self... I believe ill be ok.

10. Member
    I have replaced a lot of transoms over the years and the most common problem I have seen is lack of maintenance. People don't reseal the transom bolts and thru-hull fittings. Silicon rots too.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletV View Post
    I have replaced a lot of transoms over the years and the most common problem I have seen is lack of maintenance. People don't reseal the transom bolts and thru-hull fittings. Silicon rots too.

I can see where that would come i to serious play. Thanks for takin the time to reply