Vanguard, Fidelity, or Schwab?

The time has come for me to move to a different CFP. Which one of these company’s has, the best hands on advisors? I would like an advisor who communicates with you, plus does annual reviews face to face.

I’m 76 years old, but I need to get out of CD’s and into some low risk investments that will net me about 5% after fees. Am I asking too much?

Thanks
    Last edited by Bassin08; 11-30-2019 at 01:33 PM.

I have been with Fidelity for 36 years.. Just moved into the Private Wealth Mgt ... Has been a great platform for our investments
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

3. Member
    I wouldn’t qualify for that program. Your a big hitter!

Understand but they have managed portfolios from start to end.. They will also create joint or IRA accounts for you and you buy and sell as needed.. recommend stocks and bonds at this point for you but their advisors will provide you that guidance..

Give’m a call..

5. Member
    Nope, Not asking too much. I was doing my own and was doing well. Wife wanted a financial adviser. I was in 80% stock and 20% bond Vanguard talked about balancing and diversifying the account. We now have the vanguard adviser which costs money, but i am earning 2% more than my Voya which I am handling myself, and it is much less volatile.
    Talk to Vanguard guy every six months via phone-video call.
    Be careful of selecting an independent adviser. Some will churn the account to make more commissions and fees for themselves. Happy with Vanguard, but you wont go wrong with Schwab or Fidelity. If your close to a Fidelity or Schwab office in a larger city, i would start there.
    dvl2700

6. Member
    Vanguard all the way