Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    So I’d say post #11 could be accurate? Could be the picture was taken before the process was finished.
    Honestly, I dont know. In my eyes I dont see a production line sending boats back and forth to repeat stations but who knows. Plus theyve already put the tank in so you cant glass over the fill line and theyve painted the bilge and gas hose area and filled all the other voids in the boxes over the stringer system. I think yall think I'm saying they build a junk boat or something and that's not what I'm saying at all. Theres just one aspect that I personally dont like and that's just my opinion. I dont own one but was really interested until I was in one and I had seen this pic before hand and it wouldn't have deterred me from getting one. Now, I would say if I was to order one it would be a question I would get answered just for piece of mind. They are nice boats, theres no doubt about that

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Honestly, I dont know. In my eyes I dont see a production line sending boats back and forth to repeat stations but who knows. Plus theyve already put the tank in so you cant glass over the fill line and theyve painted the bilge and gas hose area and filled all the other voids in the boxes over the stringer system. I think yall think I'm saying they build a junk boat or something and that's not what I'm saying at all. Theres just one aspect that I personally dont like and that's just my opinion. I dont own one but was really interested until I was in one and I had seen this pic before hand and it wouldn't have deterred me from getting one. Now, I would say if I was to order one it would be a question I would get answered just for piece of mind. They are nice boats, theres no doubt about that
    I appreciate you pointing this out. I'm looking at a CX21 and will definitely ask the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    Curious again. Do you know what bass boat manufacturers actually seal the foam to prevent water intrusion.
    We do encapsulate all of our foam with glass.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    I appreciate you pointing this out. I'm looking at a CX21 and will definitely ask the same question.
    let us know what you find out.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

5. Banned
    Question was asked on the Caymas Facebook page today and was answered, I can’t put the link in here but maybe someone can do it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    We do encapsulate all of our foam with glass.
    I thought I saw some pics where yall did too. Hopefully somebody post the screenshot of the answer from caymas.

7. Banned
    “We use a closed cell foam that will not retain water. Let’s take it a step further, the stringer system is foam filled and completely sealed off from the hull. Any location within the hull that can trap water from tip of the bow to the stern of the boat has drain access to the bilge”. That’s the direct word for word written from Caymas on their FB page.

8. Member
    I asked those question today on fb to help resolve the concerns asked about. I was going to post all caymas building managers answers to help.
    Last edited by billproxs; 01-28-2020 at 08:54 PM.

9. Member
    Not quite accurate as the CX21 is not sitting on a Marine Master trailer as its a totally different brand of trailer.

10. Member
    I was told the earlier cx21s had marine master Trailers and the cx21s now have gone to another Trailer. Dealer told me that 2mos ago.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    I was told the earlier cx21s had marine master Trailers and the cx21s now have gone to another Trailer. Dealer told me that 2mos ago.
    I was told the same thing pretty much.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limitout View Post
    Not quite accurate as the CX21 is not sitting on a Marine Master trailer as its a totally different brand of trailer.
    Can ya tell us which brand Trailer is being used now. A pic would be nice also.

13. Member
    Thanks for the pics.

14. Member
    Benchmark trailers now

15. Member
    Thats what Im hearing

16. Banned
    Mine is Benchmark.

17. Member
    ttt

18. Member
    So is post #27 saying the foam seen in this picture is closed cell foam and is covered with something on top of it or is it left open with drains installed?
    Attachment 425341

or is it done like Falcon does, see 8 minute mark of video below.

Last edited by Dixie-Raven; 09-24-2020 at 11:17 PM.

19. Member
    When ever i do a plant tour i try to track a boat down the line, maybe not a particular boat but a boat to show the next step that is coming so my customers will see the full line of steps that goes threw putting a boat together. The boat in question up higher was no way close to being done as far as sealing it up.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    When ever i do a plant tour i try to track a boat down the line, maybe not a particular boat but a boat to show the next step that is coming so my customers will see the full line of steps that goes threw putting a boat together. The boat in question up higher was no way close to being done as far as sealing it up.
    Well, what do they do to seal up all that exposed foam? The falcon doesnt look bad but it didnt look like the sealed up all those holes either. For the money we have to pay there shouldn't be any way for water to get trapped in a hull.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast