Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Caymas Boat Plant Tour 11/27/2019

This will be part one of tour loading pictures.

I must say a big thank you to Barry Vaughn, director sales and Adam Adkisson President of Caymas Boats, for allowing us to view the process of the Caymas team in Ashland City TN., build these new innovating futuristic more to come fishing boats. These boats are a lot more in person. Lots of questions answered, and many things learned. We did see Earl walk by to. Nice to know Earls overseeing all aspects of operation The quality is as usual from Ashland City Tn., Boats that we all have come to expect to be fast and smooth and dry ride. I was all over these boats from top to bottom. They are built right in every way. The bottom hull is built wider for smoother, dryer rides,to allow front deck more space. The Caymas bass boat wont benefit from the saltwater boats hull designs, because more hull is in the water on salt water boats, and the caymas bass boat hulls ride high up on the back pads with most the hull out of the water in high speed instances. The sponsons in the rear of the boat are for backsplash, side to side stability, weight from modern motors and add ons, pumps, batteries, bigger fuel tank, better faster hole shot. The Caymas team will work with you to build your dream boat, Tournament boat in every way. Just thought I'd share my experience.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by billproxs; 11-29-2019 at 04:06 PM.

2. Member

Plant Tour continued

more plant pictures

3. Member

Plant Tour Continued

pictures

4. Member
    Who are building their trailers?

5. Member
    Marine master Trailers. Tube or channel frame can be ordered

6. Member
    I dont like all that open foam boxes. Those will fill with water for sure.

7. Member
    Should be against the law to build a tube trailer..pure cheap junk. I had one break in two ...four years old....rusted from the inside. Bought a channel trailer 15 years ago...looks new.

8. Member
    I am retired and my boat buying days are over, but I sure like this hull.

9. Member
    I have a tube Trailer now on my current boat. It's not had any problems or any rust on it anywhere. I've had it now 10 years. I have ordered a channel frame this time, just to have something different.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I dont like all that open foam boxes. Those will fill with water for sure.
    Do you mind elaborating on what you are referring too? I'm curious.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    I think he is referring to post number 3 middle pic second row. I don’t think it’s finished product and that the problem with shop tours, they show parts unfinished and people begin to assume.

12. Member
    The pic that shows the open bottom with foam sprayed in the voids. Those should be glassed in and sealed in my opinion so water cant get in there. Any water that gets in, and that will happen, will get trapped in the foam and just stay there.

13. Banned
    The pic that shows the open bottom with foam sprayed in the voids. Those should be glassed in and sealed in my opinion so water cant get in there. Any water that gets in, and that will happen, will get trapped in the foam and just stay there.
    How do we know if they weren’t later down the assembly line?

14. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Fiberglass resin will attack the foam. It could be sealed with epoxy, but additional processes just add weight. Weight = less speed. Heaven forbid anything be added to reduce speed.

15. Member
    Curious again. Do you know what bass boat manufacturers actually seal the foam to prevent water intrusion.

16. Member
    Curious again. Do you know what bass boat manufacturers actually seal the foam to prevent water intrusion.
    I cant recall off the top of my head but almost every brand has photos or videos of the build process. I'm not talking about glassing over after you put the foam down. You make the floor flat with holes to put the foam in each of those chambers then just seal the hole after it's all done. No resin to mess with the foam or anything. Then it's a sealed box that cant get water logged

17. Member
    Look at the pics in this thread and you will see what I mean
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ght=Plant+tour

18. Banned
    I cant recall off the top of my head but almost every brand has photos or videos of the build process. I'm not talking about glassing over after you put the foam down. You make the floor flat with holes to put the foam in each of those chambers then just seal the hole after it's all done. No resin to mess with the foam or anything. Then it's a sealed box that cant get water logged
    Post #13

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Post #13
    I guess we wont ever know.

20. Banned
    I guess we wont ever know.
    So I’d say post #11 could be accurate? Could be the picture was taken before the process was finished.
    Last edited by CaymasMan250; 01-27-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast