So is Brandon being sponsored by Vexus?

If he is fishing their boat, i would say they are sponsoring him. He is a great fisherman and a great start for Vexus. Think he is a UK alumni but i wont hold that against him. Well maybe alil.

4. Member
    I was posting on instagram and saw it go live. Pretty cool. He’s a great young TN pro angler, and will represent Vexus well.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

5. Member
    Actually Stephen Johnston, from Hemphill Tx. was their 1st team member.

6. Member
    congrats to both Vexus and Brandon

7. Member
    I never understand why guys get so excited when a pro gets one of these sponsor deals. Who the hell do you think pays for it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THOEFT View Post
    I never understand why guys get so excited when a pro gets one of these sponsor deals. Who the hell do you think pays for it.
    the government

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by THOEFT View Post

You do realize the manufacturer still gets paid in most of these boat deals right? In most cases the pro is just using it for the season. Very few get a free boat. Even so the company is still gonna have to pay marketing whether its magazine and internet ads or with a pro running one. The old wives tale about sponsored pros making the boats cost more is just that, an old wives tale.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    You do realize the manufacturer still gets paid in most of these boat deals right? In most cases the pro is just using it for the season. Very few get a free boat. Even so the company is still gonna have to pay marketing whether its magazine and internet ads or with a pro running one. The old wives tale about sponsored pros making the boats cost more is just that, an old wives tale.
    Mark is 100% dead on this. I think the best deals are they get boats at cost where they can sale and make a few dollars for their season. The Pro has to make the boat company enough money over the cost of the boat for it to be a good deal for the company. I don't think other then maybe KVD or a couple others, they can make enough money for the companies, for them to even think about giving a boat away. They give away about the same amount it would cost them for advertising. Bang for the buck is still business.

Plus throw in the fact that advertising costs are tax deductible.