Suspected E-Mail

I have my RT198P for sale on the net & I received this e-mail yesterday. I think this is a scam. Has any one ever received something like this & what are your thoughts on the e-mail. Scam or Not?

I am sincerely happy you still have it available for sale, i have gone through all the information about it on the page it posted and am very pleased with it present condition,Please kindly keep it away from other buyers and consider it sold to me. I am a serious buyer and i just contacted the shipping company whom will come to your door step for the pickup, we reached an agreement which is okay with me,I will issue out a check in your name tomorrow and send it out to your address ,the check will cover your selling price and my shipper shipping charges, as soon as you receive the check please take it to your bank for clearance....The check is 100 % okay and will definitely clear fine for the full amount issued on it, Please i need you to get it ready for shipment as soon as you have the check, as soon as i read from you the check is cleared in your bank i will inform the shipper to come for the pickup, i will be very glad if you prepare the bill of sales and every document ready, when my shipper arrived for the pickup they will pickup the documents for me.
    Finally as soon as you have the full fund in your account please deduct your selling price and have the balance transfer to the shipper on the information i will forward you when is time... the shipping charges should be transfer to the shipper without no delay and all transfer charges is to be deducted from my money. More so, I will need the requested below details for pickup and payment arrangement:

The only commutation between the two of us is an e-mail asking if the boat is still available.

2. Member
    Screams scam to me. Only take cash, or certified ck and they don't get boat until ck clears.

3. Member
    SCAM !!! Do not reply or give any additional info about anything.

4. Member
    The scam is that they want you to cash their check and feel confidant that the deal is legit. They take your boat and then the bank sends you a letter stating that you have to reimburse them for a bad check. You would have to have your bank communicate directly with the bank issuing the check to determine if funds are available to cover a withdrawal, if there even is an account. IT'S A SCAM!!! If it sounds too good to be true........!

5. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    SCAM all the way. Do not even answer him!! When I sold my triton I got a few EMAILS like that.

6. Member
    Looks like the same email that was posted in the Lounge today about another boat.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

7. Member
    Do not fall for it.

8. Member
    That is the oldest scam in the world. Do not even acknowledge his email, or kindly tell him to move on the his next potential victim.

The safest way to sell your boat is cash in hand, or a bank to bank wire transfer.

9. Banned
    Screw craigslist!
    List it here, and definately on Facebook Marketplace

The rig is not posted n Craig's List...…..It's only listed on one site & it's THIS ONE!!!

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    The rig is not posted n Craig's List...…..It's only listed on one site & it's THIS ONE!!!
    Reply with the name, address and ph# of your local LE official. Doubt they reply.

I had that same issue when i sold mine. I did craigslist and westernbass and i had alot of bs to sift through but it all worked put. Selling a boat is something i dont want to do again for a long time.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

13. Member
    I'm sire I'ts perfectly safe...hand over the costs of shipping and bank the remainder.

14. Member
    Scam don’t do it

I generally respond to those type of emails with something like " Please send me a $10k non-refundable cash security deposit before we start any transactions. " For some reason I never get a response. :)

My response is "In God we trust, all others pay Cash!"
    Send me Dead Presidents I can Fold!
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

17. Member
    That’s a very common Craigslist scam that i have heard about several times. If it is coming from someone on here i would report it to admin.

Quote Originally Posted by TellicoTom View Post
    That’s a very common Craigslist scam that i have heard about several times. If it is coming from someone on here i would report it to admin.
    It's not coming from someone on BBC, there's no way to stop scammers from emailing sellers selling boats on here (or any other site).

19. Member
    It's a scam for sure!!! I got 4 or 5 emails just like that when I had my Stratos listed on Boat Trader.Com. I had one from New York, one from Iliinois and even a couple from Canada. All wanted to buy the boat sight unseen and with the same deal of sending the cashiers check and someone would come pick up the boat.