Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Cabelas/Bass pro Helix G2N question

I managed to snag one of the Helix 10 G2N graphs from my local Cabelas, but it seems to be an unusual versioin. It is model 411270-1 HELIX 10 HW MSI GPS G2N with XM 9 H1012 HW MSI T for the transducer. What is different from the regular Helix 10 MSI G2N? Is this a downgraded version for Cabelas/BPS? Don't want to regret buying a sale unit that is not as good as a standard unit. Also is AD MTM HW MSI the correct trolling motor adapter? Is this transducer shielded or would I need trolling motor specific transducer? Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlB View Post
    I managed to snag one of the Helix 10 G2N graphs from my local Cabelas, but it seems to be an unusual versioin. It is model 411270-1 HELIX 10 HW MSI GPS G2N with XM 9 H1012 HW MSI T for the transducer. What is different from the regular Helix 10 MSI G2N? Is this a downgraded version for Cabelas/BPS? Don't want to regret buying a sale unit that is not as good as a standard unit. Also is AD MTM HW MSI the correct trolling motor adapter? Is this transducer shielded or would I need trolling motor specific transducer? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Same situation and questions as you. Got this morning and spent hours on HB site can’t pull up model number, part number any thing. Yellow tag on xdcr cord usually has xdcr number but this one covered up. HB closed until Monday. Hopefully some one here know what’s up.

Mine says the same. Not sure what the H1012 is. Maybe Helix 10 or 12? Everything else seems the same.
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

The G2N Helix 10 MEGA SI unit comes with a XM 9 20 MSI T transom transducer:
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...-di-transducer

The Humminbird trolling motor adapter is the AD MTM:
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...r-hardware-kit

There is no difference between the transom transducer and trolling motor model transducer, just the included mount is different.

It is not a "downgraded" unit. It is a discontinued model from last year. Current models are G3N and comes with a different transducer that has HW 2D sonar.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thats weird Wayne because the XM 9 20 MSI T is what I was expecting when I opened it. The transducer referenced in the other post is what is in the box. On the Humminbird website it looks just like the XM 9 HW MSI T. It is definately not the 9 20. Almost like it has the MSI transducer for the G3N

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post

There is no difference between the transom transducer and trolling motor model transducer, just the included mount is different.

It is not a "downgraded" unit. It is a discontinued model from last year. Current models are G3N and comes with a different transducer that has HW 2D sonar.

Wayne, I understand it’s a discontinued model but what is HW in model number. There is no model number with HW on HB site or update section.
    just concerned. Thanks

7. Member

That is NOT the transducer packaged with mine, at least according to the sticker, and it looks different. The sticker says XM 9 H1012 HW MSI. Here are pictures of the TD and the label. I can't find this transducer anywhere but the exchange page. https://www.humminbird.com/sites/hum...hart-aug19.pdf Maybe the part # has changed, I just want to make sure.

Thanks for your help!

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnerb8 View Post
    Thats weird Wayne because the XM 9 20 MSI T is what I was expecting when I opened it. The transducer referenced in the other post is what is in the box. On the Humminbird website it looks just like the XM 9 HW MSI T. It is definately not the 9 20. Almost like it has the MSI transducer for the G3N
    What is the model name on the tag about 12" from the plug? There are two white tags.

The cable comes out of the MEGA SI transducer vertical.
    The cable comes out of the MEGA SI+ transducer on an angle.

The MEGA SI+ is longer and thinner than the MEGA SI.
    The transom bracket for the MEGA SI+ will work with both models, and the transom bracket for the MEGA SI will only work with the MEGA SI.
    The trolling motor adapter is different for the two models.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Bonus for you guys having the benefit of HW 2D.
    That's definitely the G3N MSI transducer by looks.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

10. Member
    The other (white) tag says 490504-1(x5) and then 3118 on a second line

Same one for me. I guess I put out the wrong want to buy posts. I was looking for a Shield and Saver for the 9 20.

That is NOT the transducer packaged with mine, at least according to the sticker, and it looks different. The sticker says XM 9 H1012 HW MSI. Here are pictures of the TD and the label. I can't find this transducer anywhere but the exchange page. https://www.humminbird.com/sites/hum...hart-aug19.pdf Maybe the part # has changed, I just want to make sure.

Thanks for your help!

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg
    That is the XM 9 HW MSI T for the G3N models.

What must be going on is those late sales models have a different software with HW+MEGA SI as the default setting to match the included MEGA SI+ transducer. Other wise to use it you would have to change the Connected Transducer setting to Built-in HW+MSI that matches the Minnkota MSI transducer.

This is the two MEGA SI transducers:
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    Thanks Wayne! So that means https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...dapter-bracket should be the correct bracket also, correct? Thank you so much for your help!

So basically, these are G3N's?

Thanks Wayne! So that means https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...dapter-bracket should be the correct bracket also, correct? Thank you so much for your help!
    Yes that is the one that matches the SI+ transducer for a Helix and SOLIX. I have that one and the DI+ model.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    What is the model name on the tag about 12" from the plug? There are two white tags.

The cable comes out of the MEGA SI transducer vertical.
    The cable comes out of the MEGA SI+ transducer on an angle.

The MEGA SI+ is longer and thinner than the MEGA SI.
    The transom bracket for the MEGA SI+ will work with both models, and the transom bracket for the MEGA SI will only work with the MEGA SI.
    The trolling motor adapter is different for the two models.

Wayne, sorry for long post but wanted to give you all information possible.
    Box says Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI Mega DI G2N.
    sticker on label on box says 411270-1
    Helix 10 HW MSI GPS G2N
    serial number label on box says same as above.
    lable on unit says same also.

xdcr yellow label XM 9 H1012 HW MSI G2N
    xdcr white label. 490504-2 (X5)
    xdcr cord comes out an angle and xdcr is longer and narrower than my other Mega G2 unit. It comes out vertical.
    I can’t come up with any of this on HB site.
    If these are essentially G3’s what would you select to up date.

Quote Originally Posted by loganmartincat View Post
    Wayne, sorry for long post but wanted to give you all information possible.
    Box says Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI Mega DI G2N.
    sticker on label on box says 411270-1
    Helix 10 HW MSI GPS G2N
    serial number label on box says same as above.
    lable on unit says same also.

xdcr yellow label XM 9 H1012 HW MSI G2N
    xdcr white label. 490504-2 (X5)
    xdcr cord comes out an angle and xdcr is longer and narrower than my other Mega G2 unit. It comes out vertical.
    I can’t come up with any of this on HB site.
    If these are essentially G3’s what would you select to up date.
    As guessed above, it is a G2N with an upgraded SI transducer with HW CHIRP. G3N's are + units (more power). You cannot add more power with a transducer.

You have to update based on the model number shown on the bar code/serial number tag and on the System Status view.
    I would assume it already has software that changes the default Connected Transducer setting from the normal G2N models. Either that or instructions to change that setting to match the HW+MEGA SI transducer.

Look at the System Status view and see what the software version is.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    As guessed above, it is a G2N with an upgraded SI transducer with HW CHIRP. G3N's are + units (more power). You cannot add more power with a transducer.

You have to update based on the model number shown on the bar code/serial number tag and on the System Status view.
    I would assume it already has software that changes the default Connected Transducer setting from the normal G2N models. Either that or instructions to change that setting to match the HW+MEGA SI transducer.

Look at the System Status view and see what the software version is.
    Software V2.110. Connected xdcr. H1012 HW MSI.
    I guess better deal than original Mega Gen.2.

19. Member
    Far better deal than what I paid for mine new . Plus you get the upgraded ducer I bought

20. Member
    Since the Gen3 Tducer is longer does that = longer SI elements and a possible better image?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast