Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    No I don’t believe so. I have not seen a difference other than 2d performance which is night and day. The g2 ‘s don’t have the power the 3’s have

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    Since the Gen3 Tducer is longer does that = longer SI elements and a possible better image?
    Slightly I would guess, but + Power would be the most improvement.

There is less length difference than between the Compact SI transducer and HDSI transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    They are same price online. I bought 2 yesterday delivery is Thursday

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    As guessed above, it is a G2N with an upgraded SI transducer with HW CHIRP. G3N's are + units (more power). You cannot add more power with a transducer.

You have to update based on the model number shown on the bar code/serial number tag and on the System Status view.
    I would assume it already has software that changes the default Connected Transducer setting from the normal G2N models. Either that or instructions to change that setting to match the HW+MEGA SI transducer.

Look at the System Status view and see what the software version is.
    My question on these G2n’s that are on sale and have the upgraded transducer, will the 2d sonar on the G2n be the same as a G3n model with the same transducer?

Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    My question on these G2n’s that are on sale and have the upgraded transducer, will the 2d sonar on the G2n be the same as a G3n model with the same transducer?
    By default the 2D is. Those new units have HW CHIRP as the default 2D sonar. Every G3 and G3N Helix has HW CHIRP.

The new transducer is not the same as the G3N models. It has a different designation XM 9 H1020 HW MSI T.
    The G3N SI transducer is XM 9 HW MSI T

HW in the model name designates it as being High Wide CHIRP.

The 2017/2018 models used 83/200 kHz for 2D sonar and have 20 in place of the HW. 20 stands for 20 degree spec coverage for 200 kHz. Those models IF they have the current software update were made compatible with the Minnkota MDI transducer IF the connected Transducer setting is changed to Built-in HW+MDI.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Operator error......
    Last edited by loganmartincat; 12-03-2019 at 10:03 PM.

7. Member
    Wondering what we should do if and when we should need a replacement transducer? Is the one that came with unit the only model?

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsalot View Post
    Wondering what we should do if and when we should need a replacement transducer? Is the one that came with unit the only model?
    Along the same line, what about software updates for the G2N Helix 10 and 12 MEGA SI units.
    The 2017/2018 model G2N has Dual Beam 2D sonar as the default operation and transducer piezo.
    The 2019 model G2N has Dual Spectrum 2D sonar as the default operation and transducer piezo.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Dogfish_Jones
    I bought the Helix 7 SI G2 for $449.00 and I will see what transducer comes with it. I am going to attach it to my Terrova TM.

10. Member
    Along the same line, what about software updates for the G2N Helix 10 and 12 MEGA SI units.
    The 2017/2018 model G2N has Dual Beam 2D sonar as the default operation and transducer piezo.
    The 2019 model G2N has Dual Spectrum 2D sonar as the default operation and transducer piezo.
    Hopefully hummingbird has that figured out or they might be bricking some new devices.

I suspect there won't be much difference if any. Hummingbird probably ran out of the old transducers and just using the latest available to sell these old units.

Speaking of which, mine was expected to be delivered today but according to tracking, it just left last night. Probably won't get here until tomorrow or maybe Friday now.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Hopefully hummingbird has that figured out or they might be bricking some new devices.

I suspect there won't be much difference if any. Hummingbird probably ran out of the old transducers and just using the latest available to sell these old units.

Speaking of which, mine was expected to be delivered today but according to tracking, it just left last night. Probably won't get here until tomorrow or maybe Friday now.
    Yes I too hope they have this figured out...one would think that they would design these to be updated and accommodating to any differences in transducer. Wayne...use your superpowers and help us figure this one out!

12. Member
    I was told by HB when an update became available for these units they would be added to update drop down list. Same goes for registration there not in the list to register yet either.
    I don’t know if it’s same xdcr as Gen3 but it looks like it. My xdcr has yellow tag XM 9 H1012 HW MSI G2N and a white tag 490504-1 (x5)
    with second line 3118 with cord coming out at angle not vertical as original Gen 2 units.
    They are not left over units as mine has a build date of 9/20/2019.

Maybe we need an new designation .... G2.5?
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

14. Member
    It makes me nervous when Wayne has questions!

15. Member
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by loganmartincat View Post
    I was told by HB when an update became available for these units they would be added to update drop down list. Same goes for registration there not in the list to register yet either.
    I don’t know if it’s same xdcr as Gen3 but it looks like it. My xdcr has yellow tag XM 9 H1012 HW MSI G2N and a white tag 490504-1 (x5)
    with second line 3118 with cord coming out at angle not vertical as original Gen 2 units.
    They are not left over units as mine has a build date of 9/20/2019.
    update ::::::::::: The new units from BPS promotion are now in drop down menu for registration purposes.
    Helix 10 HW MSI GPS G2N. Xdcr XM 9 H1012 HW MSI G2N. Same for H10.
    Last edited by loganmartincat; 12-05-2019 at 05:15 AM.

16. Member
    Followed the thread because I had ordered a unit.

Arrived today and everything specs out as previosly described. Nice ugrade to the HW.

How or what do I order for a second transducer for the other boat if the transducer is not listed on HB site?

Or need to replace a damaged transducer?

Just order a Helix 10 SI G3+ transducer?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Followed the thread because I had ordered a unit.

Arrived today and everything specs out as previosly described. Nice ugrade to the HW.

How or what do I order for a second transducer for the other boat if the transducer is not listed on HB site?

Or need to replace a damaged transducer?

Just order a Helix 10 SI G3+ transducer?

Thanks
    That transducer will not be available for sale.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    So Wayne are you saying if the comes with xdcr fails or i break it off I have a useless H10 paper weight ????

19. Member
    Could the standard G2 SI transducer be a substitute or would the loaded software on this version be a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by loganmartincat View Post
    So Wayne are you saying if the comes with xdcr fails or i break it off I have a useless H10 paper weight ????
    PM sent
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast