Which Transducer Confusion Elite-9Ti2

I have an Elite-7 with a 83/200/455/800 transducer, works fine for me. However, I want to upgrade to an Elite-9Ti2. I don't know if my current transducer will work and/or which one of the transducers to get with the unit. I'm neither a tournament fisherman or anywhere close to a pro. I simply enjoy fishing and I want to keep up technology-wise, as best I can. Any comments or help appreciated. Also I intend to buy a Point-1 antenna.

2. Member
    Well, I would not keep the current transducer for the Elite TI2. Go for the active image 3 in 1 transducer otherwise I don't think the upgrade is worth it and I would stick with the TI1. The Point 1 is a great asset as well. Install it as close as possible to the transducer. I got 3 Elite TI2 units with a point 1 and I really love em. Awesome units! You won't regret it.

3. Member
    Thanks Dutch Angler for your advice. I did buy an Elite-9Ti2 with the 3 in 1 transducer and a Point 1 antenna. Hopefully, I can use enough of the features and functions to justify the costs. Also thanks for the articles you have written that I found while researching other posts, they were very informative and raised my fishfinder IQ tremendously.