Thread: Auto bilge

Auto bilge

Has anyone switched from a manual bilge to an auto? I'm looking to do it in my 04 21x just wondering how much of a pain in the ass I'm looking at? Thanks.

2. Member
    You sure that boat don't have an auto bilge from the factory? My 05 TR 21X came with an auto and a manual bilge. I'm pretty sure the 04's did too.

I have a schematic for an 04 and it shows an auto bilge and a manual one.

3. Member
    My 04 Tr came with an auto bilge and a manual so look at your wiring. One has two wires going to it and one has three with an orange wire.

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I'll check it out. I haven't taken the metal plates off yet was gonna do it in the spring and check everything out.

5. Member
    Your boat has a disconnect battery switch in the back and if you look at the switch there should be a 5 amp fuse before the switch with an orange/green wire going to the auto bilge pump. Since you didn't know you had it maybe the fuse is blown.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    Your boat has a disconnect battery switch in the back and if you look at the switch there should be a 5 amp fuse before the switch with an orange/green wire going to the auto bilge pump. Since you didn't know you had it maybe the fuse is blown.
    Hell it didnt even have a fuse in it lol. Does now! Hope it works. Previous owner didnt say anything about it!?!? O well, thanks for the tips fellas.

7. Banned
    If you can gumby yourself in there, or use something to lift up on the float you'll know if it's working.

8. Member
    I think the float is internal on his. Just raise the jack, plug the drain and run some water in it.

9. Member
    The auto bilge has a float inside that allows the pump to run when water gets too a certain level. The pump could be burnt out, they can get trash in them and keep running.

10. Member
    I just installed an auto-bilge earlier this year and wonder why I didn't sooner. It was super easy to install.....and hard wired to the battery. Now I've got both - but really don't need to worry about the manual one anymore.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT