Thread: Fender lighting

Fender lighting

I’m looking for recommendations on how improve the visibility of my trailer fenders. My boat is a Basscat 2016 Caracal. The main issues is being able to see make sure she’s staying in her lane when trailering at night.

2. Member
    I have white, down facing LEDs mounted to the bottom of the trailer, front and back of the fenders. Can see the sides, well, going down the road and backing down the ramp.

may do this as well.

I have red Bluewaters under my trailer mainly concentrated on the tire/fender area. No issues with police here in NC with the red.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Mine has the cutouts under the front step in front of the tires. CHARGER with a light behind the cutout, you ( and opposing traffic) can see the side of the trailer easily

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I’m not really sure I completely understand your issue. If your truck is in the center of the lane, your trailer is in the lane. My truck tail lights and amber side marker lights make it fairly easy to see where my trailer tires are running.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    Thank for all the feedback. I live close to Lake St Clair and I94 is very old and narrow highway, so the boat trailer is a tight fit for me. I'm finding the lights on my boat not as illuminating as my old rig. The side marker on the fender is not at furthest outboard point, hence my idea add more.

I had white ground effects lights on my old boat and loved it. Really looked cool going down the road and visibility was awesome launching in the dark in combination with the back up lights. Could see the trailer great in the water when it was dark also.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    I’m not really sure I completely understand your issue. If your truck is in the center of the lane, your trailer is in the lane. My truck tail lights and amber side marker lights make it fairly easy to see where my trailer tires are running.
    I know for me, the road to the ramp is located down unlit, winding, and narrow roads. Hard to judge how far over the right side your trailer is at before falling off into a trench. I keep an eye on how far the trailer wheels are from the line so that I don't have a mishap. That said, I use the Bluewater Small Space Lighting Pairs in white, mounted in towards the front of the fender. I've had these going on 4 seasons now.

https://thmarinesupplies.com/collect...lighting-pairs
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    Mercury 200 EFI (0G374590)
    26P Trophy Plus / Garmin Force / Garmin EchoMAP / Dual Power Pole Pro Series II

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snapshotmd View Post
    I know for me, the road to the ramp is located down unlit, winding, and narrow roads. Hard to judge how far over the right side your trailer is at before falling off into a trench. I keep an eye on how far the trailer wheels are from the line so that I don't have a mishap. That said, I use the Bluewater Small Space Lighting Pairs in white, mounted in towards the front of the fender. I've had these going on 4 seasons now.

https://thmarinesupplies.com/collect...lighting-pairs
    i used a combination of the small space lights, live well lights and led strips from Bluewater in amber to light up the trailer. They have been going strong for about 5 years and work well for what you are describing.
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

11. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I have blue LED's under my trailer for the last 5 years ,luckily for me no problem with the local PD so far...lol IMG_0962.jpg IMG_0963.JPG
    Last edited by twitch; 12-17-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

12. Member
    Depending on what style of fenders you have, you could add these lights on the top and out towards the edge. Amber color facing forward and red color facing rearward.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lig...MCL180ARB.html
    2008 Ranger Z520 DC 2016 Suzuki 250SS
    1997 Javelin 400TDC 1997 Johnson 200 Venom