Thread: Jordan Lake

Jordan Lake

Anybody fished Jordan recently? Any info?

Saturday: Rapala DT4 and DT6 in Helsinki Shad, hitting well at the ends of cover and laydowns on steeper areas. Catching mainly 1lbers and the occassional 2 and 2.5lb. Haven't found any hogs on the crank. WOW tourney was on the water today, all I can say is "wow", dudes running the lake at 80mph like their fishing the BASS Elites. Almost got hit by an idiot in a deep blue triton and he darn near killed himself and his coangler cutting between me and the shore, 20ft distance with logs. Fish still really active in 16-22ft water chasing bait; bait was still on main lake points and secondary points but no more than a 1/3 back into creeks. Water clarity is around 2ft on the south end and through the haw. Only on the water till around 1pm.

Friday: Bait was back at points off main lake 16-22ft, tough bite, fish were chasing bait but couldn't tell you if it was stripers or bass never got a deep bite going. Another angler was vertical jigging and picked up a few stripers and cats off main lake humps.

Fished it Thursday a.m. and it was tough on the south end. Only caught one. There were a few boats on the water and we were all feeling the tough bite. Fish were deep, bait was dispersed... fished last weekend in the rain and wind and it was great, not so much yesterday
    Last edited by funsunfish; 11-30-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    ~ JG

DD214 Alumni - July 2022 -

3. Member
    Justin I've been fishing on Jordan several times when fishing a particular point out 20-30 yards and setting in 10-12 foot when some inconsiderate fisherman cuts between me and the shore at a high speed. Really Pi#### me off but thinking about it if they hit bottom or run into something would be so bad. Really!! Really inconsiderate!!!!