Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bassmaster and MLF Bass Pro Tour

These are diametrically different organizations with totally different missions. We have always strongly supported Bassmaster. The last several years we have also supported MLF.

Before anyone gets all bound up, we are the original (first) Founding Sponsor of Major League Fishing. We are now Nine (9) years as a sponsor of MLF and we intend on continuing that for years to come. We can elaborate on much here, though it’s a moving game today for both BASS and MLF.

Bassmaster continues to grow membership and is a totally committed membership organization with about 520,000 overall memberships now and a very dedicated fan base. They are focused on weigh ins with a crowd base. Online streaming media is a part of their mission and television is a more intense portion as their real goal is big weigh-ins, big crowds and a solid on site activation. And who else will ever have a Bassmaster Classic which will, we expect, always be unlike any other fishing event. That has a lot to do with membership.

Their membership drives this on site crowd participation for television and the Federation is the strongest similar organization group. They have a nice template from High School to the Elite Series. The Elite Series regrouped and they did a very good job promoting many anglers and new names came forwards. Scott Canterbury smoked it and some old names stepped aside unwillingly.

MLF is a Media driven company which just set a record yesterday with about 238,000 homes watching the BPT on Discovery Network. FLW does give them a publication. And it does give them a smaller 40,000 membership and they have boughten the Publication with FLW. They now have the best paid Collegiate series, a good High School Series, the #2 Federation Group and the best mid level Semi-Pro Tour with Costa.

There is no solid on site activation at MLF BPT as few events have fan engagement. Next year there are only two events which will cater to a fan base. Their primary focus is streaming media and television for Kroenke Media. They had to address the Tour as the FLW Tour was dwindling after the split as there is not enough revenue today to support three major tours in the area East of Colorado. The pot (Sponsor) got split in bass fishing and FLW found themselves coming up short in today’s market.

For fishing on a vertical parallel West of Kansas, The west coast has its own game, with no other options, which are WON Bass and their (1) US Open, then Wild West Bass Tour and their (2) Pro Am format. Last is the Western (3) Costa Series and they all three cater to the only games in town out west. Other events are less money and smaller out west and the West Stands Alone! Though do expect more to be announced in the next 12 months.

There is room for both Bassmaster and MLF as we continue to regrow this sport from the recessionary numbers post 2007. We feel both are great and we stand in support of both.

Again they are diametrically different.

They both do chase little green fish though!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a blessed day!

BCB

PS: sorry folks, hit the post button by accident first time...
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 11-28-2019 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Thumb hit the post button

2. Banned
    I think it ok to call it the DFD tour now.

3. Member
    I could finish the sentence, but when the BCB account gets fired off after midnight, I’ll wait for a response.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    I could finish the sentence, but when the BCB account gets fired off after midnight, I’ll wait for a response.
    A lot of interesting stuff happening. Bout to pull some things out of brine, hopefully they didn’t rot.

Thanks for all your involvement in this sport!!

Good post!

7. Member
    Well put and thank you for supporting it ALL!

8. Member
    BPT it's concentrating on streaming and set a record with 280K viewers? That puts in perspective the 474K subscribers that Scott Martin has.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    BPT it's concentrating on streaming and set a record with 280K viewers? That puts in perspective the 474K subscribers that Scott Martin has.
    I am a Scott Martin subscriber but I haven't watch one of his videos in over a year. I'm also a MLF subscriber and I watched several of their videos just in the past couple months. Then I've also seen channels that have only one video from 5 + years back and have thousands of subscribers. Number of views always meant more than number of subscribers IMO.

JHelms, that was the Television viewing audience ratings on Discovery, the actual viewership estimates were we believe 298,000 viewers, though we wanted to be safe in our 280k number as memory was not accurate. It was 238,000 homes viewing the BPT last week.

Saturday is the Red Crest and this should be a really good show with Edwin Evers blind finding a backwater slough, with current, that hemmed in a mother load of fish. It should be worth a view or recording session for later.

Subscribers and Followers for MLF is also a very large number, as is Bassmaster. MLF hits tens of millions of minutes in their streaming video offering each live stream event.

Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 11-28-2019 at 08:58 AM. Reason: punctuation

11. Member
    I have a suggestion: let's all be thankful for all the time we get to spend on the water, watching pros fish (regardless of affiliation), or sitting around talking about fishing. This is a great sport, one that we can do from the time we can walk, unto the time that 6 of our friends have to carry us that one last time. Just enjoy...

2016 BassCat Puma/250 SHO

He has a good number of subscribers but not that many views per recent videos. His decision video is at 87,000 in 10 days.

P01135809

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    JHelms, that was the Television viewing audience ratings on Discovery, the actual viewership estimates were we believe 298,000 viewers, though we wanted to be safe in our 280k number as memory was not accurate. It was 238,000 homes viewing the BPT last week.

Saturday is the Red Crest and this should be a really good show with Edwin Evers blind finding a backwater slough, with current, that hemmed in a mother load of fish. It should be worth a view or recording session for later.

Subscribers and Followers for MLF is also a very large number, as is Bassmaster. MLF hits tens of millions of minutes in their streaming video offering each live stream event.
    Numbers look pretty good considering it's a fishing show.

BASS TV show averages 222,000 viewers and the TexasFest show from this drew 250,000 viewers per some Google fu.

https://m.bassmaster.com/news/bassma...ngs-soar-espn2

Sooo, BPT is pulling in higher numbers it the first year than BASS.

16. Member
    How has that sponsorship helped you sell boats? Are you getting a good return on your investment?

Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post

Other than the Fork show it looks like its got about 10,000-15000 more so far.on weekly average. The Discovery Channel helps that. The new faces at BASS held their own very well against all the popular pros. I would love to see numbers from an independent source though just to get a better feel. Would love to see how other fishing and hunting shows do ratings wise. I'm curious as to what a good average is.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 11-28-2019 at 10:06 AM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I have a suggestion: let's all be thankful for all the time we get to spend on the water, watching pros fish (regardless of affiliation), or sitting around talking about fishing. This is a great sport, one that we can do from the time we can walk, unto the time that 6 of our friends have to carry us that one last time. Just enjoy...
    2016 BassCat Puma/250 SHO
    AMEN

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Other than the Fork show it looks like its got about 10,000-15000 more so far. The new faces at BASS held their own very well against all the popular pros. I would love to see numbers from an independent source though just to get a better feel. Would love to see how other fishing and hunting shows do ratings wise. I'm curious as to what a good average is.
    Yes, certainly would be nice to see unbiased numbers, and a comparison to other shows. That being said, it's funny to see comments that sponsors will leave BPT because it is not popular enough. Doesn't look like it to me - BPT doing very well in its first years vs the more established BASS.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    KeeP in mind, BASS focuses on live viewership and in person participation, rather than TV. According to BCB, the BPT, and the original MLF organization, the MLF tour specifically focuses on a made for TV format. So a TV focused organization would generate more views than a non TV focuses organization.

i too would love to see unbiased numbers, including TV and Live viewership. Especially since the BPT has issues the first couple tournaments and they counted pages refreshing every couple seconds as a new view
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast