Thread: Ram Trucks

Ram Trucks

I’ve been a Ford guy for awhile now...been thinking about trading to something new. (I’m a truck junkie and even though it’s a really dumb financial move, I just plan on having a truck payment forever. I know me and don’t even try to fight it anymore. At least my wife’s car and my boat are paid for. lol)

Made the mistake of test driving a 2019 Ram Limited with the Hemi and air suspension. Holy crap! The thing drove like a dream and the interior was amazing. I don’t think any other truck on the market comes close to the interior - It’s on another level.

Anybody here with the new 2019+ Ram? Worth the jump away from Ford?
    BQuiz
    2020 Ranger Z518

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BQuiz View Post
    I’ve been a Ford guy for awhile now...been thinking about trading to something new. (I’m a truck junkie and even though it’s a really dumb financial move, I just plan on having a truck payment forever. I know me and don’t even try to fight it anymore. At least my wife’s car and my boat are paid for. lol)

Made the mistake of test driving a 2019 Ram Limited with the Hemi and air suspension. Holy crap! The thing drove like a dream and the interior was amazing. I don’t think any other truck on the market comes close to the interior - It’s on another level.

if you like American brand trucks, that ford eco boost engine is a beast. Fiat products are shiny, but unreliable. Personally I drive Toyota and get a new one every 2 years because of the resell. Drove my last tundra 40k miles in 2 years and lost $6k from what I paid. That’s $3k a year or $250 a month. It’s paid off so if times get tough, I can just drive it for half a million miles with minimal maintenance and repairs.

3. Member
    I have a 2019 limited. It took me a long time to convince myself that an FCA product was OK. So far this is the first vehicle that I have had 0 buyer's remorse. It drives like a dream, and is as comfortable as many luxury sedans. The back seat is HUUUGE and comfy. I still am a bit concerned about long term, FCA doesn't have the best rep, bus so far no issues. Went from a GMC Sierra SLT2 package, just short of Denali level, and there is NO comparison as far as comfort, ride and interior quality, the RAM wins hands down. So as long as it holds up it is so far the best truck I have owned.

We have had several rams and they have all been very reliable. No major issues with any of them. If you drive one you better be prepared to take one home because you will like it.

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I have a new 2020 ram 1500. Never thought I’d come out of a Chevy but man this ram is very nice
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

6. Member
    I just bought a 2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn on “Black Friday”. What a difference between this truck and my previous Dodge! The interior reminds me more of a very upscale luxury car. I hope (6) years from now that I don’t regret the move from Toyota. The new Ram does not have enough history under its belt to predict reliability.

I have a 2018 2500 Ram Mega Cab. I came out of GMC Sierra's for probably the last 15 years and Chevy's for about 20 years before that. First Ram...should have moved to it sooner and saved myself a lot of money. No issues and it has power galore. I loved my Sierra...but the price difference between the new Denali and this one (Laramie) was 15k.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BQuiz View Post

Been a ram/Dakota owner since 2002 and I've always felt they are the nicest looking truck compared to any other manufacturer inside and out. Ford seems to have a bit more technology in their trucks and a better payload capacity but that's about it. I'll be sticking with Ram until we have some serious electric vehicles on the market that doesn't look like a door stop with wheels. Currently in a 2018 Laramie. I use it to haul around my boat and a 7000lbs camper with zero issues.

One thing... stay away from the special edition sports with the bright paint jobs. I had the orange edition and while I still LOVE that truck, it has MASSIVE issues with the paint chipping extremely easily and I went to war with Chrysler for 3 months to finally get a credit and truck replacement. So any of the orange, yellow, baby blue and bright green ones will chip way easier than standard paint colors. My 2018 is Crystal Granite.

In terms of reliability, never had a single serious issue with any vehicle since owning them in 2002 aside from some minor issues at delivery that were resolved right away under warranty. Examples would be bad cruise control buttons in the steering wheel and sunroof that wouldn't close perfectly flush with the roof.

9. Member
    If you only keep a truck while it's under warranty buy what ever gives you the warm fuzzy feeling.
    If longer buy a Toyota, although they are not as cushy.
    A friend of mine is trading in his Ram for the exact year and model to get away from the air ride suspension.
    He had come out and found his truck slammed to the ground enough times that he didn't want it out of warranty.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

10. Member
    Ford has a new gas engine for the F-250 and up for the 2020 models

https://www.popularmechanics.com/car...gas-v8-engine/

I have owned three ram trucks and liked them. I have owned 12 ford trucks and liked them and no issues. I dont like the exterior of the new rams. I drive a 2019 3.5l ecoboost King Ranch. I do like my sons 2016 ram rebel.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

12. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I’ve got a 19’ Bighorn. Love it. Best riding truck I’ve ever had. Only thing I don’t like is the Eco mode. I guess it’s dropping to 4 or 6 cylinders. It seems rougher in eco and you kind of feel it ramp back up when it goes out of eco.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

13. Member
    My first truck with a Chevy - Didn't care for it back then, but that was quite awhile ago.

I've had Ford F150s since and haven't had any major issues. I'm currently in a 2016 SuperCrew Lariat with the 3.5L EcoBoost.

Got my eye on a completely black ("blackout package" they call it) 2020 Ram Rebel. It's got to be one of the meanest looking trucks I've ever seen and the interior seems far superior to current Ford, and definitely current Chevy/GMC. The 12" touchscreen is amazing and the quality of the interior/dash/etc is really nice and well thought out. The Hemi is....well....the same Hemi that has been in them for awhile I guess, except for this new "mild hybrid" thing that supposedly adds some torque with a 48v system. I don't really care much about that, but the Hemi has been around awhile. Really considering it...

maxresdefault.jpg
    BQuiz
    2020 Ranger Z518

14. Member
    I have had a 13 Big Horn, 14 Limited both with the hemi. Were great trucks and would buy one in a heartbeat if I wanted the paymet again. Never had a issues with any of them and wife has a 15 Hemi GC which has been great also. FCA still gets a bad rep from the years past but they are as reliable as any brand now (everyone has had issues with something). Those who say they suck either haven't owned one or got a bad one which happens, same stuff happens with boats. If you like it buy it and enjoy it

15. Member
    Another vote for Toyota here