Parts to Repair Abu Garcia Veritas broken micro guide?

I have a Abu Garcia Veritas rod. It is 7 ft long and has micro guides. I broke off the 3rd from top guide and want to replace. I have already scraped off the remnants form the guide and ready to replace. But how do I know what size the guide is so I can order? Where is the cheapest place to get a guide or two, some thread, and the epoxy glue stuff to make this repair? I have watched youtube videos and it looks fairly simple. I could get if fixed for $10 from a tackle shop but it's 40 mins away, so I decided to try it because I am sure it'll happen again and I might learn something new. Thanks for any help on what to buy and where to get inexpensive parts?

2. Member
    Mud hole is a very easy place to get all you will need to do the repair.On the sight you will find a guide sizing chart to help you get close to the size you need or You can get a inside measuring tool from them to get the right size guide. Or just get a couple of them to have for the day you mess up another. Try to use the wrapping epoxy in a warm environment ( 70 drg ) or above to get the best results. Don’t be afraid as it’s not hard to do.

3. Member
    I think the Veritas micros are 3's or 4's (probably 3). You won't be able to get the exact guide but GetBit or Mudhole will have what you need...if you decide to do it buy multiples of each size because if you drop it there's a 50% chance you'll never find it. Being honest though, you're probably better off driving the 40 minutes and spending the $10. Wrapping micros sucks for people who have been doing it 20 years. I'm all for guys learning how to do it themselves but if the first guide I ever wrapped was a micro it probably would have been my last.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    I think the Veritas micros are 3's or 4's (probably 3). You won't be able to get the exact guide but GetBit or Mudhole will have what you need...if you decide to do it buy multiples of each size because if you drop it there's a 50% chance you'll never find it. Being honest though, you're probably better off driving the 40 minutes and spending the $10. Wrapping micros sucks for people who have been doing it 20 years. I'm all for guys learning how to do it themselves but if the first guide I ever wrapped was a micro it probably would have been my last.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Listen to this guy ^.

6. Member
    My buddy has a Veritas with micros and has broken several that I've changed for him. I agree with the micros are a PIA. I just finished a rod with 5s and they were hard for my old eyes and hands.

Mudhole is the place to get everything you need. I may have a guide but you still need the epoxy and thread. Watch out it becomes very addictive.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max