2011 vs 2019 250 SHO

My 2011 SHO blew up with 430 hrs on it, something in the crank let go. Yamaha has been great, motor was 4 yrs out of warranty, but they are sending me a new long block free of charge, just need to pay labour for installation. Question, has there be any significant changes to the new SHO's?
    Thanks in advance..

2. Member
    Yes.

3. Member
    I'm curious why Yamaha is sending you a new block when you were 4 yrs out of warranty? My buddies 2012 power head went and yamaha said tough shit. Why do they help some and not others?

4. Member
    Most likely the dealer and how much pull/debating they are willing to do for the customer...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipNfrog View Post
    I'm curious why Yamaha is sending you a new block when you were 4 yrs out of warranty? My buddies 2012 power head went and yamaha said tough shit. Why do they help some and not others?
    I got the ‘tough sh*t’ from Yamaha too however I’m the 3rd owner (and it already had a new PH put on in 2015) ... the mechanic said Yamaha is more responsive / helpful if 1. You’re the original motor owner and 2. if it hasn’t had a new power head yet. Which makes sense to me I guess.
    2024 Z520R / 2022 250 ProXS

6. Member
    It depends upon the serial number of the motor. There was a program to replace a considerable number of long blocks. By serial number.

Fall into the category and get a new power plant. Fall outside of the category and no new power plant.

Yamaha was not picking and choosing winners and losers.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinLA13 View Post
    I got the ‘tough sh*t’ from Yamaha too however I’m the 3rd owner (and it already had a new PH put on in 2015) ... the mechanic said Yamaha is more responsive / helpful if 1. You’re the original motor owner and 2. if it hasn’t had a new power head yet. Which makes sense to me I guess.
    Most definitely the situation.

I doubt that they really used the words "tough sh1t". Or "pound sand". lol

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    Most definitely the situation.

I doubt that they really used the words "tough sh1t". Or "pound sand". lol
    just to clarify they didn't say "tough shit " but they were not willing to help. I do know he is the 2nd owner.