Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    I dang hope that there is no salt residue when fishing gets going up North, otherwise you will be using your rig for ice fishing.
    Granted, our roads in Upshit NY are crappy, but the Lord provides enough rain to clean that salt junk off before I have ever run my rig up here in 40+ years.

You have to remember I'm in Texas. "Up North" includes anything that I don't consider as in the "South"

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    When'd you leave Tenn Stevie???

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    When'd you leave Tenn Stevie???

Hi Mike. We actually bought property out here last October, but only moved permanently a few months ago. The wife wanted to semi-retire and found a place to work 2-3 days a week. Also have a granddaughter out here. That was a huge draw for grandma! Sold the Stratos before we left, but I've found that retirement is leaving me with a lot of time on my hands. And there are numerous lakes out here to fish. I think a new boat is in my near future (probably this Spring). Hope you are doing well!

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Doing great bud. Semi retired my self and enjoying fishing more than ever.....Have really gotten into fishing Nick just below Chick dam and whacking some decent smallies! I'm close to family and Tenn river....so I'm home. I did enjoy my stint in Texas for a few years.....from Dallas to Houston and of course Galveston.....Hope all is well with you too bud.

Smallies are definitely there. But don't forget a white spinnerbait on the rocks at the golf course for the spotted bass. A dear friend that taught me how to build rods caught a likely new state record down there. I know both of these guys well and have no doubt that the fish was exactly as the story states ...........

https://newschannel9.com/sports/outd...d-spotted-bass

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Awesome !! I always hit Moccasin Bend before heading back to the ramp....DIL caught a good smallie that was 4+ and just last weekend broke off on another......smallies must love her....

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Also wanting the bubba cordless filet knife. Where did you fund it for $119??
    They work great on both largemouth and smallmouth.

I"ve had mine since I bought my boat back in '07...still working fine. They got a little ornery a few years ago but a shot of WD-40 made them like new again.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    They work great on both largemouth and smallmouth.
    Meh. I don’t eat bass as where i live we have way better table fare fish. Walleye, jumbo perch, crappie, pike, lake trout, steelhead, salmon, burbot.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Meh. I don’t eat bass as where i live we have way better table fare fish. Walleye, jumbo perch, crappie, pike, lake trout, steelhead, salmon, burbot.
    LOL. I was just being sarcastic Sandman. We normally eat the same ones you guys do between the small lakes and Lake Michigan. We don't have the burbot here though. I did eat bass twice, however. Once in the early 80's and again just a couple years ago. I didn't think it was as bad as people make it out to be.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    LOL. I was just being sarcastic Sandman. We normally eat the same ones you guys do between the small lakes and Lake Michigan. We don't have the burbot here though. I did eat bass twice, however. Once in the early 80's and again just a couple years ago. I didn't think it was as bad as people make it out to be.
    Hah! I figured. Just gave me an opportunity to brag about all the different species we have up here to eat, lol!
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12