Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Every ramp is different. Adding any sort of slides; a Drotto type catch or bunk-coating is invaluable to me.

However, just Wednesday, I put the 1652 G3 into Galveston Bay. The ramp was seriously deeply angled as the tide was nearly fully out. Getting into the water was not a big deal. Getting her out was. I had to keep the engine running at a pretty high pace just to keep the bow up near the latch. I stumbled upward and was able to lean over and attach the strap. Sure could have used the Drotto that time!

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TellicoTom View Post
    The videos on the site make it look so easy. Here is link. https://www.boat2trailerhookup.com/. I wonder how the post on the trailer will hold up as it appears you are basically power loading and there have been several guys post about their welds coming loose on the post. I think the newer rangers have a better post design that eliminates this problem. I dont seem to have any problem getting my 188 to load straight. I just back the trailer down to where the side bunks are just below the water and drive it on within about a foot of the post and winch it the last foot . Some ramps are steeper which can cause some problems but overall it seems to work for me.
    It works just like it shows on the videos.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 8theB8 View Post
    I learned this on here! TOO deep! Now, I back in until the water touches the marker light on the front of the fender (step) and haven't had an issue since?
    Except for it to work 100% of the time my 115 won't push it all the way up so the droto will catch it. Just a bad design as I see it. I've had 12 boats over the years and this it the first one I've ever had issues with. I launch and retrieve my boat way more than most so I know what a good trailer is supposed to load like.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    Every ramp is different. Adding any sort of slides; a Drotto type catch or bunk-coating is invaluable to me.

However, just Wednesday, I put the 1652 G3 into Galveston Bay. The ramp was seriously deeply angled as the tide was nearly fully out. Getting into the water was not a big deal. Getting her out was. I had to keep the engine running at a pretty high pace just to keep the bow up near the latch. I stumbled upward and was able to lean over and attach the strap. Sure could have used the Drotto that time!
    It's already an indispensable tool for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12