how do you remove a power pole ???

hello guys, i am taking a series one power pole off my boat,is there a special way to remove it,i was thinking about lowering the pole to the ground then taking the lines off the pump and manually raising the power pole back up to get fluid out of the lines,is there step by step operation i need to fallow, i cant seem to find a print out on the removing one ,thanks

Don't know if there is a removal printout but an install manual should be just reversed. Having two people (you & a friend) will help considerably. I would just disconnect the line from the pump ( put a rag or something under the line for any oil that may spill ), tape the end of the line to limit oil spillage, remove pole from bracket & pull the line out of the bilge area. Remove the bracket from the transom or jackplate. Be sure to seal the holes if mounted to the rear of boat after removal. Disconnect the pump from the battery, remove the pump from the bulge area. Now that is what I would do. I'm sure others on here, like Kevin with K&K could be more help but Hope that will give you a starting point though. BTW, why are you removing? Don't like, need it, or going to a CM2?
    Good luck
    Last edited by tracer1; 11-27-2019 at 07:55 AM.

3. Member
    thanks,don't need it

4. BBC SPONSOR
    The way you would want to remove the psi from the lines is to:

Disconnect power from the pump
    Lower the Power pole to 1" off the floor.
    Watching your fingers manually push the pole into the closed position. It will take a little strength to do so...
    Manually lower the pole to the floor and then you can disconnect the lines.
    At this point the pressure has been released.
    Make note, when the lines are removed from the fittings, Any time you move that pole up or down, the cylinder will push some residual fluid out of the lines...

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    The way you would want to remove the psi from the lines is to:

Disconnect power from the pump
    Lower the Power pole to 1" off the floor.
    Watching your fingers manually push the pole into the closed position. It will take a little strength to do so...
    Manually lower the pole to the floor and then you can disconnect the lines.
    At this point the pressure has been released.
    Make note, when the lines are removed from the fittings, Any time you move that pole up or down, the cylinder will push some residual fluid out of the lines...
    What Rich said.. suggest putting the lines in a container with rag wrapped around the top as you push pole up to catch that residual fluid that is in the lines/hoses.

6. Member
    thanks guys so disconnect power first then manually push it down to the floor (1 inch from floor) and then back up manually then disconnect lines at the pump right
    Last edited by buster502; 11-27-2019 at 09:23 AM.

I've taken mine off several times without doing all that. Even disconnected the lines, cut off some excess, replaced ferrules , etc. And above all for safety & ease, use 2 people. Which neither of you mentioned.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    thanks guys so disconnect power first then manually push it down to the floor (1 inch from floor) and then back up manually then disconnect lines at the pump right
    we lower the pole to the floor then disconnect power from the pump then take lines off and manually push up. 2 people aren't necessary however it always helps to have a helping hand.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    we lower the pole to the floor then disconnect power from the pump then take lines off and manually push up. 2 people aren't necessary however it always helps to have a helping hand.
    thanks, that sounds better to me