New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Unhappy A Great man and Fisherman passes

It is with a heavy heart that I post that ED Kraus has passed away he was a member of the Bass Federation for many years and one of the original members of the Fall River Bass Anglers and a member of the 1st bass club in the area Deadly Dozen. He will be sorely missed and he was a true gentleman and good person. He taught me so much about fishing and was a great contender whenever he was in a tourney. RIP my bassing brother
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Thanks for posting and letting people know, Ed was a great guy. Always put a smile on my face seeing him still doing tournaments and enjoying fishing.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

Ed was a great man and has done more for bass fishing in Massachusetts than anyone. Working for the fish and game department he had great input in keeping our fisheries in tact. I had the honor of fishing in the BASS nationals back in 1980 in Oklahoma with Ed. I was only 18 when we fished the event and he help me with techniques and how to prepare for the tournament. We were friendly ever since then.

Ed always had his secret crank/spin tied on and was proud of his concoction. I alway remember the name of his boat. GITYOURWIFETOBYUONE lettered on his boat. I may have a few letters out of place but you get the idea of what he was saying.

He will be sadly missed as he was a great man.

2009 ELITE 210

5. Member
    Sorry to hear this , Ed helped me out with tips any time I talked to him about fishing struggles he was a kind and knowledgeable man that will be missed.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

Sorry to hear. RIP Mr. Kraus.

didn't know him, but he sounds like a great guy.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!