buying a new graph - seeking opinions!

So I'm about to bite the bullet and buy a new fishfinder + livescope + garmin force TM. Im debating on what finder to buy and previously i was set on the garmin ultra 102 but i was just offered a garmin echomap (not a plus) 1222xsv touch for close to the same price. I will be using this for livescope/mapping and 2D although not at the same time. the size of the graph isnt as important to me as is the performance. I want to have good 2d/side imaging as well as live mapping. I'll be using the transducer that comes with the force. what would you guys do that have had experience using these graphs? thanks!

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Just not that the GT54 will work with that 1222xsv BUT it will not give you High Def results. Reason it does not have the "right stuff" for that. It will work on 455 for side and 840 for down......now with the Ultra, it will give you UHD with the GT54........the GT54 is the ducer that's installed on the Force.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    is it that big of a difference between the two transducers? I’m getting the force because I need a new trolling motor and would like to have a decent 2D and side.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    What 2 transducers??? I only mentioned one ducer......

5. Member
    the one that comes with the 1222 and the one that comes with the force

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Sorry, wasn't thing about that....the 2D is great on both in fact i believe they are the same....i just connected my GT54 to my 93 Plus so i havent really had a chance to try it out and compare to the GT52.....

7. Member
    The 2D on 52 and 54 are very similar in shallow water, but the 54 does push a bit more power and does better while on plane and in slightly deeper water as a result. With 52 I have good results on 2D down to 20-25 meters (75 feet) while the 54 gives good results another 20 meters (135 feet in total)or so down.