New Years Day Open Tournament on the Harris Chain

NEW YEARS1~2.jpg

We are having or annual New Years Day open tournament on the Harris Chain again. Same rules as the Black Friday tournament. Hope to see everyone out there again. Last year we had 64 boats. Click on the flyer and it should open up bigger.
    Brad Krone

2. Member
    Going to try to make it. Having Surgery on the left hand in Dec.

3. Member
    Awesome... good luck with your surgery. Hope to see you there.
    Brad Krone

4. Member
    2 weeks away and the water temps are getting right. Should be a fun tournament. Hope to see some BBC members out there.
    Brad Krone

5. Member
    Anyone know how many are registered currently? I'm debating on attending. I might need a partner though.

6. Member
    Registration is done in the morning at the ramp. Most of the same teams fish our Black Friday tournament. Last year New Year's tournament drew 64 boats if memory serves me. We had 67 this year on Black Friday. One thing we ask is register by 6am please. We try to call numbers at safe light. We will help you launch in the morning if you are fishing solo.
    Brad Krone

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    Registration is done in the morning at the ramp. Most of the same teams fish our Black Friday tournament. Last year New Year's tournament drew 64 boats if memory serves me. We had 67 this year on Black Friday. One thing we ask is register by 6am please. We try to call numbers at safe light. We will help you launch in the morning if you are fishing solo.
    Awesome, thanks

well....how’d it go today?

weather was nice

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

9. Member
    Another GREAT New Year's Day open is in the books. We had a strong turn out with 64 boats. Conditions were pretty good too. The spawn definitely hasn't started quite yet. We paid the top 9 places. 1st place was 20.60 pounds. Ninth place was 13.86 pounds. Big bass was caught by the 10 place team and it weighed in at 9.14 pounds. Thanks to everyone that fished today.

We are having a co-ed Valentine's tournament on Sunday February 2nd out of Buzzard Beach. Details to follow.
    Last edited by BassCatBrad; 01-02-2020 at 04:59 AM.
    Brad Krone

Another GREAT New Year's Day open is in the books. We had a strong turn out with 64 boats. Conditions were pretty good too. The spawn definitely hasn't started quite yet. We paid the top 9 places. 1st place was 20.60 pounds. Ninth place was 13.86 pounds. Big bass was caught by the 10 place team and it weighed in at 9.14 pounds. Thanks to everyone that fished today.

We are having a co-ed Valentine's tournament on Sunday February 2nd out of Buzzard Beach. Details to follow.
    How did you do Brad?

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

11. Member
    Not good. Made poor decisions. We had 10 pounds. Caught our 2 decent ones in Eustis early. We were planning on running to Griffin at 8:30, but a buddy called me and said the Haines Creek lock tender quit overnight with no notice so the lock was delayed. They finally got someone there by 10am (give or take). We made it to Griffin at 11:30 on the 4th lock and caught a bunch of 1 pounders. We should of stayed in Eustis. Did you fish it?
    Brad Krone

Not good. Made poor decisions. We had 10 pounds. Caught our 2 decent ones in Eustis early. We were planning on running to Griffin at 8:30, but a buddy called me and said the Haines Creek lock tender quit overnight with no notice so the lock was delayed. They finally got someone there by 10am (give or take). We made it to Griffin at 11:30 on the 4th lock and caught a bunch of 1 pounders. We should of stayed in Eustis. Did you fish it?
    No sir, I didn't fish it....thought about it...but that's as far as I got.

At least you caught a limit...and it wasn't a bad idea going to Griffin....some good fish being caught in Griffin lately...I have a club tournament on Griffin in a couple of weeks. Sucks that the lock tender quit...on the damn weekend too.

Hope you had fun at least!

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Dual 8' Power Poles

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    No sir, I didn't fish it....thought about it...but that's as far as I got.

At least you caught a limit...and it wasn't a bad idea going to Griffin....some good fish being caught in Griffin lately...I have a club tournament on Griffin in a couple of weeks. Sucks that the lock tender quit...on the damn weekend too.

Hope you had fun at least!
    Had a great time. Yeah, Griffin is my best lake. The water is looking good again too. Hopefully they dont spray it again anytime soon, it took almost 1 year to come back after they sprayed it in 2017.
    Brad Krone