150 4Stroke, Pitot connector & Block Pres connectors ?

Do these 2 connectors ultimately serve the same function but one is for digital info (block pressure) and the pitot connector is for an analog tube/system ? or am I missing something?
    Currently, neither is connected on my motor but obviously installing the block pressure fitting and simply plugging in the connector would be the easiest/quickest way to obtain that function in the future when I install some level of Smartcraft gauges.

MY Engine Serial Number : 2B411498

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The PLUG in your second picture is the location where Water/Block Pressure is tapped in order to obtain EITHER an Analog Input, or install a SENSOR (optional) that plugs into the BLOCK/WATER PRESSURE sensor.

Pitot (Speed) is a different connection- Analog input is simply a pressure hose that routes from the gearcase up into the cowling, and is often connected to tubing that runs up to the Analog Speedo. There is also an Optional Pitot (Speed) Digital Sensor that can be installed.

The engine's wiring harness is already wired for the two optional sensors.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks! So where does the tubing come up from below into the engine compartment or where is the connector that you would attach the digital sending unit to? I assume the intake is that very small notch on the front leading edge of the lower unit?
    I wish there was a schematic readily available to look at and answer my own questions.
    MY Engine Serial Number : 2B411498

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The sensor and tubing locations are covered in Service Bulletin 2012-07.

Black tubing is up in the front of the cowling (it comes from the gearcase, up through the swivel tube and adapter plate).

May be routed out through the rigging to an analog speedo (as is often the case).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor