Thread: Clarks Hill

Clarks Hill

How is the water level on the Hill. Would use Dorns if water is sufficient. Anyone used it lately or if is usable for a 21 footer.
    Thanks

2. Member
    I haven’t been in about a month but I couldn’t imagine the water ever being too low to launch a 21’ boat. With the recent rain I’m sure you won’t have any issues.

How is Greenwood now. Now been there so don't know much about it. About the same distance in miles for me. What's a good ramp there.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    http://www.sas.usace.army.mil/About/...-Closure-List/

For Greenwood I've always used the State Park ramp. There may be a black Friday Tx going out of there.

Thanks guys, appreciate the info. How is the fishing on Greenwood. I know this time of year is not the best but just curious overall. I have heard the buzzards were bad there & would get all over your vehicle. Maybe it was an isolated case but never got a chance to ask why.

6. Member
    The Connie Maxwell children’s home tournament is this Saturday so it’s going to be busy on Lake Greenwood. I was out on Greenwood a couple weeks ago and didn’t do much but the wind was blowing about 20-25 mph. I’ve heard that some nice bass were being caught on jigging spoons along with a few stripers, perch and white bass. To be honest this time of year I mostly chase the birds on Greenwood because my son loves fishing that way. Strictly bass fishing I’d throw the heck out of a squarebill and spinnerbait. There’s also 1,245,769 docks on Greenwood. As far as ramps the state park is always a good and safe place to launch. I myself use the ramp near the dam but there were some vehicles broken into there recently.

Oh, thanks very much Tequilla for the good info. I will use the state park when I go. Again, thanks to both of you for your time.

8. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I've been hearing that a lot lately on some of the lakes in SC. I'v been vacationing there for the last 9 years and moving to Anderson/Hartwell in spring. I was talking to a local there this past trip and he mentioned several of the ramps on Hartwell to not use due to vandalism. That's the first I heard that. I've used launches from Portmans down to below Sadler and all over Tugaloo and never saw or experienced anything bad.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

9. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Yeah Fred, we are moving in March or April. Bought a lake lot in Seminole Point off Sequoyah Road, Fair Play. Hoping the business closing is in January so I can leave by March.

The biggest challenge right now is finding a place to stay for 9 months while a house gets built.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Probably get worse now. Shopping for Christmas