Question Power Pole troubleshooting question

I've had my 8ft Power Poles for 4 years and have been one of the fortunate ones who have hade zero problems. Until now that is. When I try to deploy my poles the left one gets almost 3/4 of the way deployed before my right one starts to disengage and it moves very slowly. On the redeploy the left one gets all the way up and then the right one struggles to get started and moves very slowly to stow.

How should I troubleshoot this and what should I be checking for on the poles? Thanks in advance...

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Have you tightened the hardware on the poles recently?
    Is this on all speeds?
    Is this from the same remote or different remote?

In reading your description it is a little hard to tell if this is a hydraulic or an electrical issue.

Probably the best thing to do would be to sync to the app and run a diag test... This should help narrow down which direction to look.

If I can help in any way please feel free to contact me. a serial number from the Power Pole will be helpful as well Rich 954-917-0634

3. Member
    WOW! Thanks Rich! It is the same from multiple remotes. I have tightened the hardware recently.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by stranz3529 View Post
    WOW! Thanks Rich! It is the same from multiple remotes. I have tightened the hardware recently.
    To rule out over tightened hardware, back off on the hardware a little and see if this helps prior to moving forward.

5. Member
    I backed the bolts off and tried all the controllers. It goes down fine but struggles hard to come back up.

6. Member
    Any suggestions Rich???

I have had this happen for two reasons. A weak battery/damaged ring terminal or when it's cold. For the cold fix I'd go deep and deploy manually all the way a few times in a row to warm them up.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    Thank you Sam, I'll check the battery terminal connections.

9. Member
    Ok, I’ve checked all connections everything is good. I’ve tried multiple switches all with the same result. I’ve tried checking all bolts and they are all good. Going down both power poles go down in unison. On the way up the drivers side comes up fine. The passenger side comes up very very slowly.

what should I try next? Thanks in advance.

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Ok, I’ve checked all connections everything is good. I’ve tried multiple switches all with the same result. I’ve tried checking all bolts and they are all good. Going down both power poles go down in unison. On the way up the drivers side comes up fine. The passenger side comes up very very slowly.

what should I try next? Thanks in advance.
    Call Power Pole they can run a diagnostic thru the app quick and easy. If i had to guess.. the pumps need to be sent into them for cleaning/rebuilding.

11. Member
    Ok thanks for the help!

12. Member
    Thanks to Rich and Kevin for the help. It turned out that the pump had dirt in it. I flushed it out real good and it works great.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Thanks to Rich and Kevin for the help. It turned out that the pump had dirt in it. I flushed it out real good and it works great.
    Happy to help, glad its fixed and your back up and running!