Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Fun to watch, hope the Chiefs get another shot at him in the playoffs. The Chiefs handled him early this year by putting a spy on him. Would be fun to see if they make an adjustment to that. Probably shouldn't be but most fans in the Chiefs kingdom think that New England is the class to beat for a superbowl shot. Never ever count Brady and Belichick out.
    You speak for the chiefs nation now? wow.

Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    I think it will be.
    Everyone is expecting a shootout but I bet this game is a low scoring defensive battle. 49ers size and speed on defense is scary good.

3. Banned
    Fun to watch, hope the Chiefs get another shot at him in the playoffs. The Chiefs handled him early this year by putting a spy on him. Would be fun to see if they make an adjustment to that. Probably shouldn't be but most fans in the Chiefs kingdom think that New England is the class to beat for a superbowl shot. Never ever count Brady and Belichick out.
    I thought it was Patriots for sure, but they looked horrible against Dallas. Not really sure what that says about Dallas.

4. Member
    Jackson may or may not may it...but remember, Vick started out the same way with many saying HOF. One thing about the NFL, they have the best coaching. It may take a seaon to come up with adjustments, but DC will come up with a way to defend him. Plus, 50% of the time , he is a running back, and having great luck escaping the big hit. But every running back gets hurt, every one of them. Jackson will too, but when?

5. Member
    Running backs and running qbs don't last long in the NFL time will tell,

Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    Jackson may or may not may it...but remember, Vick started out the same way with many saying HOF. One thing about the NFL, they have the best coaching. It may take a seaon to come up with adjustments, but DC will come up with a way to defend him. Plus, 50% of the time , he is a running back, and having great luck escaping the big hit. But every running back gets hurt, every one of them. Jackson will too, but when?
    Yeah, Ravens are basically running a college style offence, works in the short term, but long term? Steve Young was saying the other day that the NFL is becoming more college like, hard to disagree with that.

And what the heck, you have a shot at the SB, why think long term? Get all you can out of Jackson now.
    Last edited by Quillback; 11-26-2019 at 01:03 PM.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    Michael vick took himself out of the HoF. Had he not been a dickhead and off to prison, he wouldve kept racking up the numbers...and im my opinion been a lock for the hall eventually in that he would have lots of player support and get lots of credit for really revolutionizing the position. LJ can kinda pick up where vick left off, and even if he just keeps doing what he is doing for a few years...might be a lock just for how revolutionary he was/is for the game. Lots more to HoF induction than simple numbers.

kid is solid for sure.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I thought it was Patriots for sure, but they looked horrible against Dallas. Not really sure what that says about Dallas.
    Don't think the Patriots were too worried. Came out with a win which means Brady owns them. Don't think they've ever beat him, but of course it's the red clapper who is holding them back.

Been a whole lot of league changers come in this league .. and not many changed the league for more than the regular season

Time is the ultimate test

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The Dallas/Patriots game was in horrible weather, that has to factor into the snooze fest in some way. I was miserable just watching that game!

Teams taking QBs like Jackson are finally building their offense AROUND them instead of making the fit into their existing offense. More college like? Maybe but if they adjust as the NFL gets more and more tape on Lamar then they can stay ahead of the curve. He’s a beast, the location of his passes are incredible and the fear of him taking off gives defenses fits. I hope he stays healthy, he seems like he has a great attitude.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Don't think the Patriots were too worried. Came out with a win which means Brady owns them. Don't think they've ever beat him, but of course it's the red clapper who is holding them back.

Cowboys are are 7-6 against the Patriots historically. They were 7-3 PRIOR to Garrett getting here.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    The Dallas/Patriots game was in horrible weather, that has to factor into the snooze fest in some way. I was miserable just watching that game!

Teams taking QBs like Jackson are finally building their offense AROUND them instead of making the fit into their existing offense. More college like? Maybe but if they adjust as the NFL gets more and more tape on Lamar then they can stay ahead of the curve. He’s a beast, the location of his passes are incredible and the fear of him taking off gives defenses fits. I hope he stays healthy, he seems like he has a great attitude.
    Once a QB leave the pocket, he is just another running back. Jackson is like greased lightning, but one day, he will be running and looking to one side at a player coming towards him, only to be whacked at the knees by a player he did not see. The players now are bigger and faster than ever. He will learn to play out the pocket, and only run in critical downs....lor else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Cowboys are are 7-6 against the Patriots historically. They were 7-3 PRIOR to Garrett getting here.
    He might have meant Brady has never lost to the Cowboys ?

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    He might have meant Brady has never lost to the Cowboys ?

Even more reason to not renew his contract.....

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Yeah, i think i said Brady meaning a Brady led Team. They were talking some stats on this during the pre game. I think the last time Dallas beat the Patriots was in 95 or 96.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Been a whole lot of league changers come in this league .. and not many changed the league for more than the regular season

Time is the ultimate test
    Yep.

Bo Jackson was the most phenomenal athlete I’ve ever seen. All it took was one tackle to injure his hip and end his career in football and baseball.

Lamar is an electric athlete, but he has to stay upright if he wants a long career.

17. Member
    He is good. Hard to predict the future. I went fishing a couple of weeks ago caught a fish on second cast. Thought that was s pretty good catch to cast ratio. Repeat and catch a fish on cast #4. Naturally I was certain that I would catch a fish on every other cast the rest of the day. It’s easy to be wrong.

18. Member
    Jackson needs to take some pointers from Prescott on how to strengthen those hips for the running game. It wasn't the weather that stunned the Patriots, some things cannot be unseen.

19. Member

Lamar"Action" Jackson

Sure Jackson could get hurt. I think it could happen just as easily in the pocket as out in the open field running. The difference is , if he is dropped back he's at a standstill. Running you got to catch up to him and he's the fastest guy on the field. Oh by the way he also jukes and turns on a dime. The best thing that he learned with Baltimore is he doesn't need to do it all. If there is a blitz throw that short pass and let your TE , Receiver or even RB run all over the place. For comparison's he's much better than Vick or Cunningham. He's on target to surpass Vick's best year stats in his second year and only Randall's 1990 best season could be as good, but that was by far his best and I think Lamar is still improving. He's a freak athlete.

20. Member
    Definitely cant predict the future but ill sure say hes fun to watch. I almost hate when they are up so much that they take him out. I understand why but its fun to watch him go all Jackson on the opposing team. I think he lucked out where he landed as Baltimore doesnt seem to be forcing him into any specific system.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast