Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    382
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw62 View Post
    Fished Buggs today also and the warmest water i saw was 51.4. Had 2 small ones and nothing else. Poured this am.
    I put in at Eastland ramp and never left the creek, water temp ranged from 54-55 the whole day. Wonder if Eastland had some warmer water?

  2. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    King William VA
    Posts
    2,111
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by flipit View Post
    I put in at Eastland ramp and never left the creek, water temp ranged from 54-55 the whole day. Wonder if Eastland had some warmer water?
    Funny you say that. I had tx back in March and the warmest water I found was in eastland. Also where we caught the most fish.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2012 Bass Cat Puma Ftd
    250 Pro xs


  3. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Selma N.C.
    Posts
    1,471
    #23
    Tuesday water was 55 in island creek and rudds

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    1,766
    #24
    Grassey started at 49.9 and the warmest i saw was 51.4

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    King William VA
    Posts
    2,111
    #25
    Ok guys fished for about 6 hrs today and caught about 40. HELL YEA!! Ok most were small I did catch 1 about 3lbs. But it was a lot of fun. All but 1 was caught on a jerkbait.

    Water temp about 55 and all fish were up in the river.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2012 Bass Cat Puma Ftd
    250 Pro xs


  6. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    King William VA
    Posts
    2,111
    #26
    Anyone fishing today? Going out in about an hour.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2012 Bass Cat Puma Ftd
    250 Pro xs


  7. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    King William VA
    Posts
    2,111
    #27
    Ok went out for about 4 hours and caught about 15-20 but a lot better quality. Caught 1 between 4-5. A couple 3's a few 2+. And only a couple shorts. Most were on a jerkbait and a couple on a spinnerbait.

    Another good day.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2012 Bass Cat Puma Ftd
    250 Pro xs


  8. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Roanoke Rapids, NC
    Posts
    2,599
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    Ok went out for about 4 hours and caught about 15-20 but a lot better quality. Caught 1 between 4-5. A couple 3's a few 2+. And only a couple shorts. Most were on a jerkbait and a couple on a spinnerbait.

    Another good day.
    good catch. Glad to hear. I went for couple hours and got hung up on catching white perch off livescope. Absolutely addicting. Got probably 50/60 with some crappie, bass, strippers, catfish, and gar thrown in , all off same spot. All small tho.

  9. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    King William VA
    Posts
    2,111
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    good catch. Glad to hear. I went for couple hours and got hung up on catching white perch off livescope. Absolutely addicting. Got probably 50/60 with some crappie, bass, strippers, catfish, and gar thrown in , all off same spot. All small tho.
    Man that sounds like fun. Catching always is. Glad you got a chance to get out. I am heading back out tomorrow morning.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2012 Bass Cat Puma Ftd
    250 Pro xs


  10. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    2,732
    #30
    was on vacation for the last 2 weeks..lots of fishing was done :)

  11. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    959
    #31
    I found out that there are 117 catfish behind each and every bridge support on the RT 10 Hopewell bridge. All 1-3 pounds. They will each crankbaits, jigs and soft plastics.

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    King William VA
    Posts
    2,111
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    I found out that there are 117 catfish behind each and every bridge support on the RT 10 Hopewell bridge. All 1-3 pounds. They will each crankbaits, jigs and soft plastics.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2012 Bass Cat Puma Ftd
    250 Pro xs


  13. Member The Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Appomattox, VA
    Posts
    1,400
    #33
    Took grandkids Sunday to small local lake, water temp 50, had one good bass about 3 lbs, 1 citation yellow perch and 2 crappie, 14-1/2 inches, jerkbaits. Bite was slow.

    "I'm just looking for a bite"

  14. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    King William VA
    Posts
    2,111
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mountain Man View Post
    Took grandkids Sunday to small local lake, water temp 50, had one good bass about 3 lbs, 1 citation yellow perch and 2 crappie, 14-1/2 inches, jerkbaits. Bite was slow.
    Sounds like a good day to me. As long as the grandkids had fun it was a great day.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2012 Bass Cat Puma Ftd
    250 Pro xs


  15. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Jarratt, va
    Posts
    382
    #35
    Went to gaston for a couple of hrs yesterday afternoon and I did catch about 15 white perch and 7 bass, one bass about 3 lbs. A on a Hopkins jigging spoon .

  16. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    King William VA
    Posts
    2,111
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinningrod View Post
    Went to gaston for a couple of hrs yesterday afternoon and I did catch about 15 white perch and 7 bass, one bass about 3 lbs. A on a Hopkins jigging spoon .
    Cool good to hear!!! Did you fish up in the river or further down closer to the dam?
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2012 Bass Cat Puma Ftd
    250 Pro xs


  17. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Jarratt, va
    Posts
    382
    #37
    I put in at the landing in pea hill and just fished the main channel right after you pass the Brunswick county buoy

  18. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    King William VA
    Posts
    2,111
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    Cool good to hear!!! Did you fish up in the river or further down closer to the dam?
    Thank you sir. Cant wait to get back there.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2012 Bass Cat Puma Ftd
    250 Pro xs


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12