Thread: Rods Ordered

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rods Ordered

For any of you guys that have ordered from NFC, are they timely getting orders out? Finally pulled the trigger and ordered two blanks that are the remastered 853 glx crankbait versions. Most of you probably know, but I'll pass it on anyway, NFC has an awesome sale going on right now.

Timely??? Hell no

Quote Originally Posted by Black Haze View Post
    Timely??? Hell no
    Thanks. Glad I'm patient!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    Thanks. Glad I'm patient!
    Some of the guys over at Rodbuilding.org are saying customer service and delivery times are improving. I will be ordering some after Christmas so we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Some of the guys over at Rodbuilding.org are saying customer service and delivery times are improving. I will be ordering some after Christmas so we will see.

I'll give some feedback on my experience with this order.

6. Member
    What model numbers did you order please. I want to build a couple crankbait rods this winter.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    I'll give some feedback on my experience with this order.
    I'll make a note to check this thread in a few months

Ordered on on 10/13 when they had a 50% off sale. Just shipped this week. That I'm OK with. What I wasn't happy with was that I got zero communication on my order status until I left a rather nasty e-mail. I had sent two e-mails and left 2 voice mails without response prior to my nasty mail. Turns out they were back ordered on some raw materials. Like I said no problem with that but a simple e-mail would have satisfied me.
    Tight Lines,
    Andrew

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue View Post
    Ordered on on 10/13 when they had a 50% off sale. Just shipped this week. That I'm OK with. What I wasn't happy with was that I got zero communication on my order status until I left a rather nasty e-mail. I had sent two e-mails and left 2 voice mails without response prior to my nasty mail. Turns out they were back ordered on some raw materials. Like I said no problem with that but a simple e-mail would have satisfied me.
    Check them when they come in, my last order (and probably my last from them) they substituted at least one blank and two of the HMs I got had crooked tips...I don't mean they had a curve, I mean the last 1/2" was probably 10-15 degrees crooked, I had to cut the tips.

This order also just happened to ship the day after I sent them an email telling them I wanted to cancel and expected a refund. I don't know why NFC has seemingly gotten a pass from the majority of people in the rod building community, this type of service has been going on for the past couple of years. Nice blanks and all but there are equivelant or better that I can get in a week every time.

If you think about their "Buy Direct" model, it's horseshit. Instead of having 20 distributors with stock on hand they are now selling to thousands of small distributors (the rodbuilder) and are essentially unable to supply product in a timely manner. I've had half a dozen rods over the past couple of years where I had to call the customer and tell them "Sorry, still don't have the blank...how would you like to try a _________".

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzeback View Post
    What model numbers did you order please. I want to build a couple crankbait rods this winter.

CB 704-1(IM) Remastered CBR 853C GLX

https://northforkcomposites.com/product/cb-704-1-im/

11. Member
    I ordered 3 about 1.5 weeks ago, I hope they turn out and get delivered in a timely manner
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

12. Member
    When they run these sales, I think they get seriously bogged down - And their delivery promptness isn't anything to brag about in the 1st place.

13. Member
    I ordered a blank during the last sale and it shipped out after 2 weeks, but it has defects in it. Tip is split, inside of nlank has fraying (i guess that's what you'd call it) at the butt, and there's bumps or depressions at a few places in the blank. It was an x ray. I hope they're customer service is at least decent.

14. Member
    Sounds like many blanks are seconds. Service doesn’t sound good either. Surprised they still get business.
    Praying for a Cure

I still haven't had any correspondence from them except advertisement emails. They sure took my money. I'm going to be patient though, as these blanks seemed to be closest to the actions I'm wanting. Hopefully these won't have any defects.

16. Member
    I would go ahead and send them an email asking for status. They usually responded to my emails with in a day and had status. Will say I ordered around the same time and my blanks came last week so was happy with the shipping this time. Both of mine were Xray blanks.

17. Member
    I think I'm going to have to agree that they're letting seconds through quality control. I emailed them pictures of the defective rod and they got a new one shipped within a week. Even the replacement blank wasn't straight and the ends were not cleanly finished. Unless these x rays are stupid sensitive once built I don't think they'll be getting anymore business from me. This quality shouldn't get sent out to customers.

18. Member
    my last blank i ordered a delta blank, and they substituted an IM. ill wait an extra 3 weeks for that upgrade.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

19. Member
    It took them 3 months for them to ship my last order and I only got them because I threatened them I was going to cancel my order the next day and go with a competitor for my customer if they were not shipped. 2 of the blanks were perfect, the other 2 were crooked, on of them had a S curve to it. I took pictures and emailed them wanting them to replace them, they REFUSED! I will absolutely will not buy from them again!

20. Member
    Just search North fork Composites Better Business Bureau. If you still buy from them, it's on you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast