Getting Away From Flush Mount Graph

Has anyone decided to remove their flush mount graph and go back with a mounting bracket? If so, I curious to know if you contacted Tim at phoenix and had him ship a new blank that bolts to the dash in order to put a new mounting bracket. Im trying to decide if i should put some metal plate or see if Tim would send me a new blank piece to replace with one with the cut out for flush mounting. Thanks

I have used Precision Sonar mounts and they are great! They make a bracket specifically for Phoenix boats...

https://precisionsonar.com/product-p...acket-phoenix/

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    I made my own plate for the bow mount, and the Precision Sonar mount comes with 2 plates that sandwich the driver's console opening. SOOOOOO much better than any flush mount on the planet.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

4. Member
    Bass Boat Technologies makes an awesome variety of mounts for Phoenix. They are the best in the business! Their website is listed below.
    2024 Phoenix 721 ProXP/ 2024 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Dual 8ft Power-Pole Blades
    Lowrance Electronics

www.phoenixbassboats.com
    www.mercurymarine.com
    www.power-pole.com
    www.freedommarinecenter.com
    www.bassboattech.com

For the console bass boat tech does make the best mount. If the flush mount hole is small enough like an HDS7 or 9 it should be fine but for example if it’s an HDS12 hole then you may need a new dash because the mount won’t have much to “bite” into and that will end up ripping out if you beat the boat up enough.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

6. Member
    So by going with a BBT mount some of you believe it will cover the whole made by the flush graph? I will look into the mounts and contact them as well to see what they advise. thanks for the input.

7. Member
    i made my own for bow..used a cutting board from walmart.used 1"x1" to frame around opening to strengthen ..works awesome ..im getting a bbt gimble bracket ..
    TrackerUser

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    For the console bass boat tech does make the best mount. If the flush mount hole is small enough like an HDS7 or 9 it should be fine but for example if it’s an HDS12 hole then you may need a new dash because the mount won’t have much to “bite” into and that will end up ripping out if you beat the boat up enough.
    good to know..was going to be my next project .I have a 12'' hds.flush mounted
    TrackerUser

Quote Originally Posted by BigBucketMouth33 View Post
    So by going with a BBT mount some of you believe it will cover the whole made by the flush graph? I will look into the mounts and contact them as well to see what they advise. thanks for the input.
    the plate will cover the entire flat area of the dash that is dedicated for graphs to be installed in. There will be 2 large plates. One for the side that the graph mounts on and then another on the back side of the console behind the “plastic” dash you have now that is used for support. The 2 plates sandwich the plastic dash and are through bolted. They are all made from 1/4” aluminum so they are extremely beefy and tough.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

10. Member
    Ok. Cool. I was hoping that is how they were made. Thanks for the info, I haven't been able to get the clarification on that. Appreciate it. Sounds like it will work fine and do exactly what i need.

11. Member
    When I purchased my 921 both the bow and console previously had flush mounted Lowrance units and they were removed as I was putting birds on it which left me with two giants holes. I went with the dual bass boat technologies mounts for both console and bow. I had zero issues with the BBT console mount as it comes with 2 plates and I was left with enough of the original plastic plate that was remaining to sandwich in between the two BBT plates. (Hope that makes sense) I did however have issues with the bow mount as the hole that was cut for the flush mounted Lowrance unit was too big and I was unable to fasten the mount through the predrilled holes on the BBT plate as there was nothing behind it to fasten to. I ended up making a 2nd plate to match the BBT plate so the design was the same as the console mount. I ended up having enough of the original plastic to sandwich in between the two plates. After doing this it works great and is a super solid mount.

12. Member
    I bought a new PHX shroud and installed on a 2015 919. It fit great and moved my gauges out to the sides so I can see them.

13. Member
    Awesome fellas..Appreciate the info and ideas....I plan on replacing an existing flushed mounted helix 9 with a helix 12....sounds like the BBT mount will be suffice for my plans. Thanks