I am apart of the family now...

IMG_4312.jpg

Just picked her up on Saturday, I had a 21ft Triton and this was a deal I could not walk away from. My question for you all is, What are some must haves for your Nitro, or little modifications have you done.

IE: I realized there are no rod straps on the front deck...
    Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.”

3. Member
    For some, and I am in the trial stage, remove the rod organizer to allow for easier install of 20+ rods in the main rod box. I started out with the organizer in place. Removed it and found it easier to add more rods and when I need to get one out, seems easier to get one from the bottom. This is only true if you use rod socks on every rod.

4. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Congrats on the new rig.

If you mostly fish alone and in places without courtesy docks like I do, you need to have an Original Hamby's installed... Best addition I've made to my boat.
    Who controls John Gill?

5. Member
    Congrats. I do agree you need a keel guard, I would put one on even if you do fish with other people. You will end up using it sometime or with you had it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasscatmanQCA View Post
    For some, and I am in the trial stage, remove the rod organizer to allow for easier install of 20+ rods in the main rod box. I started out with the organizer in place. Removed it and found it easier to add more rods and when I need to get one out, seems easier to get one from the bottom. This is only true if you use rod socks on every rod.
    This. The rod straps should have been installed by the dealer - it's standard. Great looking rig!

7. Dogfish_Jones
    Keel guard, if you do not having lights in your compartments those are nice. Yes you do need rod straps on the bow. It's really up to you as to what you need on the boat. I'm sure you will find all those tidbits along the way.
    Nice rig and enjoy fishing from the boat and keep those lines tight.

8. Member
    good looking rig!!

Congrats on the new ride.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

10. Member
    Congrats! Can't see it from your picture but I would install a trailer step (if not already there). Makes life so much easier.

11. Member
    Congrats on the sweet ride. As far as rod straps, you can spend $15 and put a set of the bungee style on. Or you can be brave and cut into the gunnels and add the retractable style.

12. Member
    Do not buy any rod straps!! This is standard. Check your rod lockers to see if they left them in there. Otherwise have them install them at no cost (or ship them to you if they're too far away for free).
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

Usually they are a bag with other parts. If u ask the dealer will install them, otherwise they are easy.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Congrats and welcome to the Nitro family!
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.