Garmin Livescope or Humminbird mega360?!?!

Hey guys and gals,

I ordered my 2020 few weeks back and am going to add another graph for livescope or mega360. I cannot decide what to do. I hear great things about livescope except sounds like it’s range is limited to 30-40 feet for good defined image returns. Just looking for opinions on each option. Thanks

2. Banned
    Had both on last year’s boat, this years rig went with livescope and don’t miss the 360 Hb.

3. Member
    Thanks. What unit are you using for the garmin livescope?

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Had both on last year’s boat, this years rig went with livescope and don’t miss the 360 Hb.
    Interested to hear why. What is the prominent structure you fish? Thanks

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FishingKing11 View Post
    Interested to hear why. What is the prominent structure you fish? Thanks
    I fish it all, home lake is shallow and deep, Falcon is mostly shallow and Amistad is a bottomless pit and Fork isn’t all that deep. I didn’t like that 360 transducer in my trolling motor. Some of the water we run down here in the so will be 40mph and rolling and it just took a beating at times. I learned how to really use that Garmin and it’s my go to. I have a Live HDs 12 mounted below it and only use it for mapping, yestfor instance I got on a school of deep fish on a ledge. I could see lots of little fish but there was one big one that would appear on top of that ledge and I ended up catching her on a dropshot and she weighed 11.76. I can eliminate a lot of water or use it flipping trees etc. transducer is small and compact and stress free.

That purely my my thoughts, it may not work for everyone else and may give you something help in what you want to consider on your next purchase. Good luck with your decision and go catch some fish.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytriton View Post
    Thanks. What unit are you using for the garmin livescope?
    I’m running the 1242 touch pro, last year had the 1242 touch.

I have the 1222 livescope on my rig also. All I have to say is I hope everyone don’t get them!

Clearly seeing what your looking at I can agree doesn't happen till is inside 40' but you can see the oddities and targets out to 100' depending on depth, I fish mostly 15' and shallower set LS to 50-70' range and it is more than sufficient.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

9. Member
    Both works the best
    FX20

Quote Originally Posted by CaymasMan250 View Post
    I fish it all, home lake is shallow and deep, Falcon is mostly shallow and Amistad is a bottomless pit and Fork isn’t all that deep. I didn’t like that 360 transducer in my trolling motor. Some of the water we run down here in the so will be 40mph and rolling and it just took a beating at times. I learned how to really use that Garmin and it’s my go to. I have a Live HDs 12 mounted below it and only use it for mapping, yestfor instance I got on a school of deep fish on a ledge. I could see lots of little fish but there was one big one that would appear on top of that ledge and I ended up catching her on a dropshot and she weighed 11.76. I can eliminate a lot of water or use it flipping trees etc. transducer is small and compact and stress free.

That purely my my thoughts, it may not work for everyone else and may give you something help in what you want to consider on your next purchase. Good luck with your decision and go catch some fish.
    I can see what you mean about the mount on the trolling motor taking a beating in rough water. Alot hanging out there with no support on the transducer end. Considered maybe next year getting the 360 but didnt think about the mount situation.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

11. Member
    I’m also thinking about doing a 360 .. on mine with a helix 10 . On front and using my Lowrance units at console ..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360