2005 201 going from Lowrance to Humminbird

Anything I need to know before I starting pulling the transducer cable out to switch to Humminbird? Any tips learned along the way from others?? Fish tape or rope or something else that is better?

2. Member
    Fiberglass fish stick. Tape cable end so it does not pull off inside the gunwale.

If cable gets stick. Don't start yankin, take your time. For me it was easiest to remove the seat tray. The throttle and livewell cables are what my transducer wiring would get stuck on . What humminbird model are you installing?

3. Member
    Thanks Javelin90. That helps. Going to Helix 9 GPS/SI/DI

4. Member
    Any time I pull a cable out, I pull a heavy braided string thru with it. Then use that string to pull the new cable back thru.

5. Member
    I used a metal fish tape to run my new transducer cable. It was kind of a challenge by yourself and could have been easier, I think, with someone else helping.

I also ran some paracord string with the transducer cable and left it just in case I need to pull another cable thru at a later date.
    2008 Ranger Z520 DC 2016 Suzuki 250SS
    1997 Javelin 400TDC 1997 Johnson 200 Venom

6. Member
    I did remove the seat tray above the gas tank to replace the throttle cable and installed the transducer. Also if your gas gauge is not reading accurately let me know. I replaced the gas tank sending unit. I was carrying at least 25 gallons to much all the time that was NOT needed.