What should compression be on pro XS 150 2 stroke?

Looking at buying a ranger with a 2013 Mercury pro XS 150 2 stroke and I am not sure where to find the compression numbers. Can anybody help?

2. Member
    Hello again. IIRC, compression should be 90 - 110psi but a leakdown test would be more precise. The FAQ at top of forum has the correct procedure, might print and provide to the dealer to ensure the test is done correctly - Compression Testing
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Also a good idea to obtain (and provide) the Serial Number (required when posting).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    So I got the compression results from my dealer. Four cylinders were at 90 one at 92 one at 95. Is that acceptable? Motor is a 2013 pro Xs 150 2 stroke serial # 28009465. Any help is appreciated.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Acceptable- most important is that they are relatively close (which they are).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor