Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gambler Console Gripes & Likes??

I'm curious to hear from the Gambler faithful on here what they like or dislike about the console and dash layouts in their G boats. If you could redesign things any way you like what would you do differently?
    - Heath

The sleek lines of the Gambler consoles are a staple of the design of the boat. The biggest gripe would definitely be graph mounting options, at least on models prior to the Sterling. Some folks also complain of the low seating position, I personally love that.
    Glowin' Thanks to Bluewater LEDs

3. Member
    Flybyu pretty much covered it...

With todays multi-function gauges and being able to display gauges on graphs, I'm sure Gambler can design a faceplate in the dash for larger graphs and still maintain their sleek design.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Quote Originally Posted by flubyu View Post
    The sleek lines of the Gambler consoles are a staple of the design of the boat. Some folks also complain of the low seating position, I personally love that.
    I would have to agree 100% with these statements!!!!

if it weren't for the sexy good looks of the consoles, it just wouldn't be a gambler!! Hell it makes them look fast just sitting on the trailer

and whoever is complaining about the low seating position in a gambler think of it like this...……have you ever seen anyone sit up in a Ferrari to drive it?? I haven't been in to many bass boats but I do believe that a gambler is about the only one you sit IN and not ON
    always learning

As for sitting low... that’s my only complaint with my Sterling...I wish the seats allowed u to sit lower
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

7. Member
    Sitting low inside is one of the main reasons I always choose a Gambler. I have had many Gamblers, can't even consider another brand. I feel unsafe whenever I ride in other bass boats.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panzer View Post
    I would have to agree 100% with these statements!!!!

if it weren't for the sexy good looks of the consoles, it just wouldn't be a gambler!! Hell it makes them look fast just sitting on the trailer

and whoever is complaining about the low seating position in a gambler think of it like this...……have you ever seen anyone sit up in a Ferrari to drive it?? I haven't been in to many bass boats but I do believe that a gambler is about the only one you sit IN and not ON
    I took a friend fishing in mine last month, he has a Ranger, when he got in mine he says " man this is like sitting in an easy chair"!!
    Mike Matthews

U.S.N. 1963-1969

9. Member
    One of my complaints was the livewell placements, on more than one occasion I opened the lid and had fish jump out. Other than that sexiest bass boat out there.
    I have a Ranger now and thinking on selling to get back in a Gambler. Feels like I went from a Sports Car to a Four Door Sedan.

10. Member
    Like above stated, graph mounting options are limited for today’s graphs and sizes. Not really gamblers fault for the boats that were made in an era where 4-6” graphs were the best you could get. The new ones have much better options for that. The like, definitely the sleekness and the sit in feel(feels like a Porsche), albeit a bit of a pain to get up and down out of the console 20-30 times
    a day. And not much wind diversion of your a tall guy. I can attest to how well made the consoles and wiring are of these boats tho. I’ve had several brand boats and none of them had the organization of this boat!

11. Member
    You do sit low in a Gambler, however I love the fact that you do. I came from a Ranger and didn't think much of it. After sitting down in a Gambler I knew it was much more comfortable and felt a lot safer being down so much lower. I don't mind getting up and down out of the seat but if someone had bad knee's they might have some issues. I will agree also with DTS above here for mentioning being taller. Its not a make or break deal at all but it would be nice if the windshield's had more curve to them or something so that if your 6 foot your getting blasted in the face by the wind. Overall though still the sexiest boats on the planet!
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

12. Member
    I have an outlaw and the console is smaller than that of the 2100/2200’s and I am 5’8” And it’s fine for me but the guy I got the boat from was at least 6’2” and looked a little cramped for him. But for those that have a bad back or bad knees the consoles can be tough to navigate a lot. It also depends how much you stop and fish like 20-30 times a day or 2 - 4 times a day. Something to consider as well.

pretty sure the OP hasn't signed back on since this post...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

14. Member
    Dumfries, Va./ Kerr-Buggs Island, Boydton Va.
    Quote Originally Posted by flubyu View Post
    The sleek lines of the Gambler consoles are a staple of the design of the boat. The biggest gripe would definitely be graph mounting options, at least on models prior to the Sterling. Some folks also complain of the low seating position, I personally love that.
    Same for me but I will add the wiring/breakers behind the dash needs a lot of attention, they could have done better.

15. Member
    Thanks for the feed back guys! This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Much appreciated.

16. Member
    The sitting low in the seat gives you protection from wind etc. not to mention the secure feeling. With my two Rangers I felt like was sitting on a high chair with the wind hitting me in the chest. The sports car look of Gamble/Sterling is present due to slope of console, windshield and wrap around handrail. Any change in that design and you got another plain Jane boat. In my opinion this is this is the signature design that makes this boat unique.

17. Member
    Love my consoles but I could loose a dead body in my glove box. It's a PITA to find something I had to resort to putting everything in ziplocks
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

18. Member
    I mounted dual 7” HDS lives side by side that look fantastic. I also used a NMEA converter to swap all of my analog gauges to digital. Boat is a 1999 2200.

19. Member
    Here is what can be done with the old(209) console: 20200225_200407.jpg
    20200225_200335.jpg

20. Member
    That looks great!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast