Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    when GPS signal is lost or whatever, sometimes these “smart” heads will go crazy with FULL THROTTLE.
    Show me where this has happened cause it reallllllly makes me scared of my Ultrex.

Soooooo do you have a fix for all of Garmin's problems???
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 11-26-2019 at 12:53 PM.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Show me where this has happened cause it reallllllly makes me scared of my Ultrex.

I have had this happen with my Ultrex several times - damn near threw me out of the boat a couple times too.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

4. Member
    Say (1) when you are fishing under a bridge, GPS signal could get lost as you move closer and closer to the center. (2) GPS module itself could malfunction as well. (3) nearby interference could happen (this is rare for a boat though) . Your car GPS has never gone crazy in your life time?

Garmin has several Pros here all the time, and they are collecting feedbacks and communicating to Garmin.

Say (1) when you are fishing under a bridge, GPS signal could get lost as you move closer and closer to the center. (2) GPS module itself could malfunction as well. (3) nearby interference could happen (this is rare for a boat though) . Your car GPS has never gone crazy in your life time?

Garmin has several Pros here all the time, and they are collecting feedbacks and communicating to Garmin.
    nope, never...course i never fish under a bridge either.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    So your post has "could" several times.....is all this "hypothetical"??

Well, fished under bridges before and in cypress tree forest and never had the Ultrex go berserk.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Please be open minded! It hasn’t happened to you doesn’t mean it won’t happen, or it hasn’t happen on others like pitbully71 above.

In addition, all bridges have different structures and different heights above water (even for the same bridge). I don’t want to go on. If you like, you feel free.

So your post has "could" several times.....is all this "hypothetical"??

Well, fished under bridges before and in cypress tree forest and never had the Ultrex go berserk.....

8. Member
    Issue 6: using remote, set speed to 1, turn on prop. Then toggle the Full Throttle button on and off. After 3 (or more) toggles, “Full throttle” becomes “half” maybe? Though the indicator still shows it’s full (20) speed.

Come on Garmin engineers!

9. Member
    Issue 7: Garmin assumes the boat deck for motor base is 100% flat and even, but mine is not so. When I tightened up the screws, I could see the motor base (as well as my boat) deformed a little.

In addition, the base has no room for the safety strap, unless Garmin wants us to deformed more. Even My 10 old years’ MG has left some room for the strap.

10. Member
    I guess I'm old school I still use a Fortrex but when my prop doesn't spin I check the shear pin, I can replace it on the water. Guess I'm not quite ready for one of the new type TM's. Good luck with your problem, hope you get it worked out before your next fishing trip.
    Last edited by sooner magic; 11-28-2019 at 04:13 PM.

11. Member
    No worries! Garmin is smart enough by building a solid hardware first and then gradually enriching software features and fixing software bugs.

Except the water intrusion issue reported by the OP, and the minor hardware issue (#7), the rest issues are all controlled by software and can be easily fixed, sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner magic View Post
    I guess I'm old school I still use a Fortrex but when my prop doesn't spin I check the shear pin, I can replace it on the water. Guess I'm not quite ready for one of the new type TM's. Good luck with your problem, hope you get it worked out before your next fishing trip.

12. Member
    Issue 8: in anchor mode, seems the head turns too often even when I set Anchor Gain to 1, for a light boat and when wind is calm. Can we further reduce thrust for position correction?
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 12-04-2019 at 06:37 PM.

13. Member
    Issue 9: for auto head position when stowed to work (i.e, the lower motor head auto rotates to parallel to boat deck), power needs to be on; however, when stowed, the power button is not accessible. Currently it takes 2 hours for the TM to auto power off. Can the time be programmed to be configurable?

You don’t need spot lock when the wind is calm. All of them will search in low wind. The ultrex has a boat scale setting for this purpose.

15. Member
    Issue 9: for auto head position when stowed to work (i.e, the lower motor head auto rotates to parallel to boat deck), power needs to be on; however, when stowed, the power button is not accessible. Currently it takes 2 hours for the TM to auto power off. Can the time be programmed to be configurable?
    Never had an issue of accessing the power button when stowed. There's a couple inches of space to reach under it to be able to push the power button. It's located directly underneath the quarter sized hole in the scissor mount.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

16. Member
    When the wind was calm, I thought I didn’t need Anchor lock, but the boat would shift away gradually.

I believe The Anchor Gain setting of Garmin Force is for the same purpose. I tried 10 and it would oscillate/swing my boat left and right, and then went crazy. 1 is the best for me but the head still keeps rotating which I think is due to too much thrust.

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    You don’t need spot lock when the wind is calm. All of them will search in low wind. The ultrex has a boat scale setting for this purpose.

17. Member
    So Todd, there’s really a water intrusion detection and protection merchansm?! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    I have involved Engineering on this issue. Please send me a PM with all your contact info and someone from Garmin will reach out to you.

18. Member
    Issue 10: date & time for waypoint info and so on ON THE REMOTE is GMT time, not local time as fish finder shows!

temperature and depth have similar issues. Units are not configurable or not following the Unit setting for TM.
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 12-14-2019 at 08:54 PM.

19. Member
    Issue 11: from my fish finder (Echomap plus), find a waypoint under Nav Info, and then click “Go To”. TM does nothing, though they are hooked up and buttons on the control bar work fine. If I remember right, this feature worked for me last time (before updating firmware).
    Last edited by BassTracker175; 12-14-2019 at 07:10 AM.

20. Member
    It look like the "Go To" instruction has to do with the boat pointing when doing Heading Hold. Page 6 of the manual.
    To "Navigate To" a waypoint, Select the Waypoint then Navigate To and then turn on the propeller. Same page.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast