Thread: 2013 pro XS 150

2013 pro XS 150

I am boat shopping and have a chance to purchase a z118 with a 2013 pro XS 150 2 stroke. The motor has 82 hours. Just curious if anyone has experience with this engine. Are parts still readily available? Are they hard to start on those cold mornings? I plan on keeping whatever boat a get for a long time. I have looked at new boats with four strokes but, this used ranger looks immaculate and has lots of options for thousands less than new. Should I be worried that the hours are too low? I have heard an older motor with low hours can be in worse shape than a newer motor with more hours?

2. Member
    Happy to help a neighbor!

The forum just below this one covers the engine (the 150 is 2.5L) you're considering and, if you can obtain the serial number and post it here, one of the pros can research engine history.

Beyond that, these engines are direct injected and start just like any modern vehicle. Parts are readily available and likely will continue to be for some time. I would ask the dealer to provide printouts from engine especially freeze frame and fault history. This will include a break down of engine hours by rpm range which will tell you something about how engine was used.

I've had a non-ProXS 150 Optimax for almost 11yrs, trouble free great engine IMHO. If the printouts don't show any issues, I wouldn't be least bit concerned about hours.

Here's a helpful topic from the FAQ at the top of the 2.5L forum - Checkout Recommendations for a Used Engine
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    Thank you very much.

4. Member
    Welcome.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax