Freshwater and saltwater hull.

Why doesn't the freshwater hulls utilize the SVVT stepped hull like the saltwater boats do? My only guess is this hull is too slow for the freshwater boats in the way they are designed. Anyone know for sure?

2. Member
    My guess would be the size and weight of the bass boat doesn’t work with the stepped hull design of the saltwater boat. The steps are meant to draw air under the hull and break up the wetted surface thus increasing efficiency and speed whereas a bass boat has enough natural lift to do this without issue. Not to mention could you imagine getting on top of a stump and it catching in the step. You couldn’t reverse off of it you could only go forward.

3. Member
    Freshwater boats ie bass boats are not long enough to take any advantage of the vented hulls. Also there is not enough running surface in the water when on plane to make it worth while. I have certainly had the conversations though at work where we design boats.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill

4. Member
    Was told by Caymas president mostly bass boats stay up on back pad to much to really utilize the salt water pads. Said it was thought over but, not applied to their bass boat line up.